Hertfordshire has become a dump
SIR – A poem. We ve been visited by relies Who ve come from near and far They ve travelled on an aeroplane A train, a bus, a car. We collected them from london And brought them to our home They were really pleased to see us So we didn t want this moan!
SIR - A poem.
We've been visited by relies
Who've come from near and far
They've travelled on an aeroplane
You may also want to watch:
A train, a bus, a car.
We collected them from london
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
And brought them to our home
They were really pleased to see us
So we didn't want this moan!
'Oh Herts you are so dirty
There's litter everywhere
Doesn't anyone report it?
Doesn't anyone seem to care?'
The road from Tesco roundabout
Which leads down to the lakes
Is knee high deep in plastic
Of all colours, types and makes.
There's dumping in the lay-by
And bags in all the trees
I reported it at Christmas
So will someone clear it please!
We're a very dirty county
Someone needs to take control
The A1M is filthy
We need a litter patrol!
They need to clean more often
They need to warn the guys
Who chuck litter from their windows
Attracting rats and flies.
So those who sit in office
And govern from on high
Please heed this little ditty
Please listen to my cry.
We really need a tidy
The streets all need a clean
So Herts becomes a county
That's a pleasure to be seen!
Name and address supplied.