Hertfordshire has become a dump
SIR – A poem. We ve been visited by relies Who ve come from near and far They ve travelled on an aeroplane A train, a bus, a car. We collected them from london And brought them to our home They were really pleased to see us So we didn t want this moan!
SIR - A poem.
We've been visited by relies
Who've come from near and far
They've travelled on an aeroplane
You may also want to watch:
A train, a bus, a car.
We collected them from london
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
And brought them to our home
They were really pleased to see us
So we didn't want this moan!
'Oh Herts you are so dirty
There's litter everywhere
Doesn't anyone report it?
Doesn't anyone seem to care?'
The road from Tesco roundabout
Which leads down to the lakes
Is knee high deep in plastic
Of all colours, types and makes.
There's dumping in the lay-by
And bags in all the trees
I reported it at Christmas
So will someone clear it please!
We're a very dirty county
Someone needs to take control
The A1M is filthy
We need a litter patrol!
They need to clean more often
They need to warn the guys
Who chuck litter from their windows
Attracting rats and flies.
So those who sit in office
And govern from on high
Please heed this little ditty
Please listen to my cry.
We really need a tidy
The streets all need a clean
So Herts becomes a county
That's a pleasure to be seen!
Name and address supplied.