Hertfordshire has become a dump
SIR – A poem. We ve been visited by relies Who ve come from near and far They ve travelled on an aeroplane A train, a bus, a car. We collected them from london And brought them to our home They were really pleased to see us So we didn t want this moan!
SIR - A poem.
We've been visited by relies
Who've come from near and far
They've travelled on an aeroplane
A train, a bus, a car.
We collected them from london
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
And brought them to our home
They were really pleased to see us
So we didn't want this moan!
'Oh Herts you are so dirty
There's litter everywhere
Doesn't anyone report it?
Doesn't anyone seem to care?'
The road from Tesco roundabout
Which leads down to the lakes
Is knee high deep in plastic
Of all colours, types and makes.
There's dumping in the lay-by
And bags in all the trees
I reported it at Christmas
So will someone clear it please!
We're a very dirty county
Someone needs to take control
The A1M is filthy
We need a litter patrol!
They need to clean more often
They need to warn the guys
Who chuck litter from their windows
Attracting rats and flies.
So those who sit in office
And govern from on high
Please heed this little ditty
Please listen to my cry.
We really need a tidy
The streets all need a clean
So Herts becomes a county
That's a pleasure to be seen!
Name and address supplied.