Helping us with our Target
SIR – Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office. Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000. We raise this mo
SIR - Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office.
Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000.
We raise this money by running the hospital shop and the daily trolley service.
To recognise the wonderful efforts of our volunteer staff, we attach stickers to items we've purchased, so everyone will know they've been paid for by the Friends.
You may also want to watch:
The money your paper has sent us covers the cost of a new supply of these stickers, and we are very grateful that your brilliant Target Stamp scheme releases this money for us to spend for the hospital.
If any readers would like to collect Target Stamps for us, or find out more about the Friends, I'd be delighted to hear from them, just write to me c/o of the Friends at the QE2 Hospital, WGC. AL7 4HQ.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!