Helping us with our Target
SIR – Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office. Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000. We raise this mo
SIR - Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office.
Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000.
We raise this money by running the hospital shop and the daily trolley service.
To recognise the wonderful efforts of our volunteer staff, we attach stickers to items we've purchased, so everyone will know they've been paid for by the Friends.
You may also want to watch:
The money your paper has sent us covers the cost of a new supply of these stickers, and we are very grateful that your brilliant Target Stamp scheme releases this money for us to spend for the hospital.
If any readers would like to collect Target Stamps for us, or find out more about the Friends, I'd be delighted to hear from them, just write to me c/o of the Friends at the QE2 Hospital, WGC. AL7 4HQ.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire