Helping us with our Target
SIR – Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office. Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000. We raise this mo
SIR - Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office.
Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000.
We raise this money by running the hospital shop and the daily trolley service.
To recognise the wonderful efforts of our volunteer staff, we attach stickers to items we've purchased, so everyone will know they've been paid for by the Friends.
You may also want to watch:
The money your paper has sent us covers the cost of a new supply of these stickers, and we are very grateful that your brilliant Target Stamp scheme releases this money for us to spend for the hospital.
If any readers would like to collect Target Stamps for us, or find out more about the Friends, I'd be delighted to hear from them, just write to me c/o of the Friends at the QE2 Hospital, WGC. AL7 4HQ.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist