Helping us with our Target
SIR – Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office. Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000. We raise this mo
SIR - Thank you Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the cheque for �85.05 received in return for the bundle of Target Stamps we handed into your office.
Each year the Friends of the QE2 buy things for the hospital to the value of around �50,000.
We raise this money by running the hospital shop and the daily trolley service.
To recognise the wonderful efforts of our volunteer staff, we attach stickers to items we've purchased, so everyone will know they've been paid for by the Friends.
The money your paper has sent us covers the cost of a new supply of these stickers, and we are very grateful that your brilliant Target Stamp scheme releases this money for us to spend for the hospital.
If any readers would like to collect Target Stamps for us, or find out more about the Friends, I'd be delighted to hear from them, just write to me c/o of the Friends at the QE2 Hospital, WGC. AL7 4HQ.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 10 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar