Help us fight Post Office closure decision
An open letter to the residents of the Handside area and all the customers of the Handside post office SIR – This is a statement of intent from the chairman of the Council of War Dr Dennis Lewis, and the manager of Handside Post Office, Richard Edlin.
An open letter to the residents of the Handside area and all the customers of the Handside post office
SIR - This is a statement of intent from the chairman of the "Council of War" Dr Dennis Lewis, and the manager of Handside Post Office, Richard Edlin.
We promise that we will not allow the closure of the post office to go ahead without fighting to the last possible moment with all the resources at our disposal.
The decision to close our post office was made by Post Office Ltd without proper and effective consultation with the local people; they ignored our views and it was based on inaccurate information from their own survey.
You may also want to watch:
We will not abandon you as the Post Office has done.
The support we have had from you has been overwhelming, and once again we are asking for your help. Please write to Postwatch urging them to review the decision. If you bring your letters to the shop we will post them for you.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postwatch have the power to ask Post Office Ltd to review their decision, so let's persuade them to do it.
Dennis Lewis and