Help us fight Post Office closure decision
An open letter to the residents of the Handside area and all the customers of the Handside post office SIR – This is a statement of intent from the chairman of the Council of War Dr Dennis Lewis, and the manager of Handside Post Office, Richard Edlin.
An open letter to the residents of the Handside area and all the customers of the Handside post office
SIR - This is a statement of intent from the chairman of the "Council of War" Dr Dennis Lewis, and the manager of Handside Post Office, Richard Edlin.
We promise that we will not allow the closure of the post office to go ahead without fighting to the last possible moment with all the resources at our disposal.
The decision to close our post office was made by Post Office Ltd without proper and effective consultation with the local people; they ignored our views and it was based on inaccurate information from their own survey.
You may also want to watch:
We will not abandon you as the Post Office has done.
The support we have had from you has been overwhelming, and once again we are asking for your help. Please write to Postwatch urging them to review the decision. If you bring your letters to the shop we will post them for you.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postwatch have the power to ask Post Office Ltd to review their decision, so let's persuade them to do it.
Dennis Lewis and