Hatfield town needs a better post office
Sir – The policy of closing local post offices will put more pressure on the part shop/post office, in Hatfield town centre The public are herded down a narrow passageway (degrading) especially in the winter (coughs and sneezes) or when it is raining,
Sir - The policy of closing local post offices will put more pressure on the part shop/post office, in Hatfield town centre
The public are herded down a narrow passageway (degrading) especially in the winter (coughs and sneezes) or when it is raining, crowd in when busy, this is environmentally bad for the users of this so called town post office.
And they have to walk out through the shop to the benefit of Martins, when the former very good Post Office is still there in White Lion Square, and has never been used for approximately the last 10 years.
WGC still has its original post office in use at Howardsgate (why the difference? well one's a posh town, hardly a city, and Hatfield is a slum town) and the council couldn't care less. I say build a good town and the shops will come. Another interesting point is that the 'Martin Company' has the monopoly of shop/Post Offices in Hatfield town centre, The Quadrant, St Albans and Moors Walk, WGC.
Mr R.E.Tyler, Brain Close,
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus