Hatfield town needs a better post office
Sir – The policy of closing local post offices will put more pressure on the part shop/post office, in Hatfield town centre The public are herded down a narrow passageway (degrading) especially in the winter (coughs and sneezes) or when it is raining,
Sir - The policy of closing local post offices will put more pressure on the part shop/post office, in Hatfield town centre
The public are herded down a narrow passageway (degrading) especially in the winter (coughs and sneezes) or when it is raining, crowd in when busy, this is environmentally bad for the users of this so called town post office.
And they have to walk out through the shop to the benefit of Martins, when the former very good Post Office is still there in White Lion Square, and has never been used for approximately the last 10 years.
WGC still has its original post office in use at Howardsgate (why the difference? well one's a posh town, hardly a city, and Hatfield is a slum town) and the council couldn't care less. I say build a good town and the shops will come. Another interesting point is that the 'Martin Company' has the monopoly of shop/Post Offices in Hatfield town centre, The Quadrant, St Albans and Moors Walk, WGC.
You may also want to watch:
Mr R.E.Tyler, Brain Close,
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?