Hatfield town needs a better post office
Sir – The policy of closing local post offices will put more pressure on the part shop/post office, in Hatfield town centre The public are herded down a narrow passageway (degrading) especially in the winter (coughs and sneezes) or when it is raining,
Sir - The policy of closing local post offices will put more pressure on the part shop/post office, in Hatfield town centre
The public are herded down a narrow passageway (degrading) especially in the winter (coughs and sneezes) or when it is raining, crowd in when busy, this is environmentally bad for the users of this so called town post office.
And they have to walk out through the shop to the benefit of Martins, when the former very good Post Office is still there in White Lion Square, and has never been used for approximately the last 10 years.
WGC still has its original post office in use at Howardsgate (why the difference? well one's a posh town, hardly a city, and Hatfield is a slum town) and the council couldn't care less. I say build a good town and the shops will come. Another interesting point is that the 'Martin Company' has the monopoly of shop/Post Offices in Hatfield town centre, The Quadrant, St Albans and Moors Walk, WGC.
You may also want to watch:
Mr R.E.Tyler, Brain Close,
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire