Hatfield school is not the place for incinerator
SIR– Regarding the proposed Barnfield Site incinerator, a more appropriate site would be at the Cole Green Lane recycling centre in Hertford. This is an already established site and is more accessible from a one-way dual carriageway. This site is in a
SIR- Regarding the proposed Barnfield Site incinerator, a more appropriate site would be at the Cole Green Lane recycling centre in Hertford. This is an already established site and is more accessible from a one-way dual carriageway. This site is in a remote rural location that would not cause any disruption or distress to residents as there are none inthe vicinity.
Barnfield site in Traveller's Lane, Hatfield, is only accessible via local roads and is sited in the middle of a residential area, the location for the proposed incinerator is adjacent to a special needs school.
The special needs school is only accessible via a small side turning which will also have to be used by lorries entering and exiting the incinerator site and as your article does not refer to the school being relocated one can only conclude that the school will remain and have to suffer the inevitable consequence. The safety of the children attending will be put at risk both by HGV lorries and the lower air quality.
Lorries would have to come from the A1(M) onto the southern link road and exit off a roundabout. This road is used by Tesco lorries as their distribution centre is based opposite.
You may also want to watch:
Also if lorries come from Potters Bar they would need to come via the A414 which is already a very busy road and is the main road for users between Potters Bar and Hatfield/WGC and is in constant use especially with the public going to and from work and to local schools.
I am a local resident and this site would be very near the back end of Welham Green (Pooley's Lane).
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
Welham Green already has a large industrial estate, large lorries going in and out of the trading estate already creates heavy traffic on the local roads and this will endeavour to cause lots more problems.
A very concerned resident of