Hatfield incinerator site is already a blackspot
SIR – Regarding plans for an incinerator and a resulting increase in traffic. On Saturday, July 11, there was yet another accident on the roundabout that serves the Travellers Lane industrial area. This will be the approach for lorries carrying waste for
SIR - Regarding plans for an incinerator and a resulting increase in traffic.
On Saturday, July 11, there was yet another accident on the roundabout that serves the Travellers Lane industrial area. This will be the approach for lorries carrying waste for the proposed incinerater.
Accidents are frequent on this roundabout, some are shunts, but some are far more serious; one has been fatal. I would say that this roundabout is already an accident blackspot.
Has anyone from the council actually taken into the consideration the volume of traffic on the approach to this roundabout and the increased risk to life with the increase in traffic, etc?
You may also want to watch:
Associated with this will also be the increase in pollution caused by heavy goods vehicles transporting the waste.
Jane Moorman, Millwards, Hatfield.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield