Hatfield incinerator site is already a blackspot
SIR – Regarding plans for an incinerator and a resulting increase in traffic. On Saturday, July 11, there was yet another accident on the roundabout that serves the Travellers Lane industrial area. This will be the approach for lorries carrying waste for
SIR - Regarding plans for an incinerator and a resulting increase in traffic.
On Saturday, July 11, there was yet another accident on the roundabout that serves the Travellers Lane industrial area. This will be the approach for lorries carrying waste for the proposed incinerater.
Accidents are frequent on this roundabout, some are shunts, but some are far more serious; one has been fatal. I would say that this roundabout is already an accident blackspot.
Has anyone from the council actually taken into the consideration the volume of traffic on the approach to this roundabout and the increased risk to life with the increase in traffic, etc?
You may also want to watch:
Associated with this will also be the increase in pollution caused by heavy goods vehicles transporting the waste.
Jane Moorman, Millwards, Hatfield.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town