Hatfield incinerator: more questions
SIR – Why all this fuss about incineration? In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it s possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
SIR - Why all this fuss about incineration?
In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it's possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
However, if this is not so, can we have answers to the following.
1. What were the reasons for New Barnfield being proposed?
You may also want to watch:
2. What other suitable sites were identified, if any, or was New Barnfield the only suitable site in the whole of Herts?
3. Is only one site required for Herts in the foreseeable future?
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
4. Will outside authorities be allowed to use the Herts site?
5. What waste products can be incinerated, and which cannot?
6. Is full information available on the complete incinerator process?
7. Is there a composite site plan available of the New Barnfield proposal showing the incinerator position and access roads?
8. In view of opposition to the New Barnfield proposal by councillors and Grant Shapps, how can the proposal possibly go forward?
9. Who is the body ultimately responsible for deciding the site location; county council, Government, surely not a contractor who is not answerable to the public!?
Holloways Lane, Welham Green.