Hatfield incinerator: more questions
SIR – Why all this fuss about incineration? In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it s possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
SIR - Why all this fuss about incineration?
In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it's possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
However, if this is not so, can we have answers to the following.
1. What were the reasons for New Barnfield being proposed?
You may also want to watch:
2. What other suitable sites were identified, if any, or was New Barnfield the only suitable site in the whole of Herts?
3. Is only one site required for Herts in the foreseeable future?
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12
4. Will outside authorities be allowed to use the Herts site?
5. What waste products can be incinerated, and which cannot?
6. Is full information available on the complete incinerator process?
7. Is there a composite site plan available of the New Barnfield proposal showing the incinerator position and access roads?
8. In view of opposition to the New Barnfield proposal by councillors and Grant Shapps, how can the proposal possibly go forward?
9. Who is the body ultimately responsible for deciding the site location; county council, Government, surely not a contractor who is not answerable to the public!?
Holloways Lane, Welham Green.