Hatfield incinerator: more questions
SIR – Why all this fuss about incineration? In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it s possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
SIR - Why all this fuss about incineration?
In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it's possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
However, if this is not so, can we have answers to the following.
1. What were the reasons for New Barnfield being proposed?
You may also want to watch:
2. What other suitable sites were identified, if any, or was New Barnfield the only suitable site in the whole of Herts?
3. Is only one site required for Herts in the foreseeable future?
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
4. Will outside authorities be allowed to use the Herts site?
5. What waste products can be incinerated, and which cannot?
6. Is full information available on the complete incinerator process?
7. Is there a composite site plan available of the New Barnfield proposal showing the incinerator position and access roads?
8. In view of opposition to the New Barnfield proposal by councillors and Grant Shapps, how can the proposal possibly go forward?
9. Who is the body ultimately responsible for deciding the site location; county council, Government, surely not a contractor who is not answerable to the public!?
Holloways Lane, Welham Green.