Hatfield incinerator: more questions
SIR – Why all this fuss about incineration? In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it s possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
SIR - Why all this fuss about incineration?
In reply to my emails to councillor Stuart Pile, he says that it's possible there could be no need for an incinerator in Hertfordshire, as we may be able to use incinerators located in adjacent counties.
However, if this is not so, can we have answers to the following.
1. What were the reasons for New Barnfield being proposed?
2. What other suitable sites were identified, if any, or was New Barnfield the only suitable site in the whole of Herts?
3. Is only one site required for Herts in the foreseeable future?
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
4. Will outside authorities be allowed to use the Herts site?
5. What waste products can be incinerated, and which cannot?
6. Is full information available on the complete incinerator process?
7. Is there a composite site plan available of the New Barnfield proposal showing the incinerator position and access roads?
8. In view of opposition to the New Barnfield proposal by councillors and Grant Shapps, how can the proposal possibly go forward?
9. Who is the body ultimately responsible for deciding the site location; county council, Government, surely not a contractor who is not answerable to the public!?
Holloways Lane, Welham Green.