Hatfield hit by commercial crisis
Sir – Regarding the letter from Jeremy Taylor in last week s edition: thank goodness somebody said it! I have long been amazed by people who are willing to let those who have presided over the collapse of the economy get away with it scot-free. Hatfield i
Sir - Regarding the letter from Jeremy Taylor in last week's edition: thank goodness somebody said it!
I have long been amazed by people who are willing to let those who have presided over the collapse of the economy get away with it scot-free. Hatfield is feeling the direct hit that this crisis has caused and Labour ought to answer for it. Instead, they lay the blame with our local council. Incredible.
St Modwen is a commercial developer dealing with commercial investors.
Commerce in this country has been struck a real blow, leading to a stalling of the Hatfield regeneration. It is certainly not the only development in the country which has met such difficulties - there are many. We are part of a very large picture and it's time the finger was properly pointed at the people responsible - this inept government.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Hammond, Holme Road, Hatfield.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 10 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases