Ground Panshanger homes plan
SIR – in response to your article headlined 1,000 new homes could be built on Welwyn Garden City airfield – I am currently doing flying lessons at Panshanger Aerodrome and I believe it would be a great shame if it were to close. I have been flying at
SIR - in response to your article headlined '1,000 new homes could be built on Welwyn Garden City airfield' - I am currently doing flying lessons at Panshanger Aerodrome and I believe it would be a great shame if it were to close.
I have been flying at Panshanger for more than a year and have made good relationships with the staff and my flying instructor.
I would like to one day attain my Private Pilot's Licence and Panshanger is my local aerodrome.
Its closing would not only force me to have to find a new flying school which would mean going further afield, it would also force me to start flying with a new instructor.
You may also want to watch:
I do hope that the purposed development plans do not go ahead.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
Bramble Road, Hatfield.