Ground Panshanger homes plan
SIR – in response to your article headlined 1,000 new homes could be built on Welwyn Garden City airfield – I am currently doing flying lessons at Panshanger Aerodrome and I believe it would be a great shame if it were to close. I have been flying at
SIR - in response to your article headlined '1,000 new homes could be built on Welwyn Garden City airfield' - I am currently doing flying lessons at Panshanger Aerodrome and I believe it would be a great shame if it were to close.
I have been flying at Panshanger for more than a year and have made good relationships with the staff and my flying instructor.
I would like to one day attain my Private Pilot's Licence and Panshanger is my local aerodrome.
Its closing would not only force me to have to find a new flying school which would mean going further afield, it would also force me to start flying with a new instructor.
You may also want to watch:
I do hope that the purposed development plans do not go ahead.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
Bramble Road, Hatfield.