GP clinic row is misleading
Sir– I had no intention of entering this debate but recent correspondence has indicated that many people are in danger of being misled by others who should know better. Can it be said again that there is no plan to build a polyclinic. Even Mr Shapps has
Sir- I had no intention of entering this debate but recent correspondence has indicated that many people are in danger of being misled by others who should know better.
Can it be said again that there is no plan to build a polyclinic. Even Mr Shapps has been persuaded that this is not what is planned.
When the Out-of-Hours clinic run by Welhat GPs was opened at the QE2, it became clear that it was satisfying a need for patients who could not get to their GP and were not ill enough for emergency help.
Now it is hoped to formalise this, so that treatment by GPs will be available at night and at weekends. Apparently, most local GP practices are in favour of this and have formed a group to take on additional GPs to run the surgery. It is quite untrue to suggest that local doctors might close their practices and move into the new premises.
You may also want to watch:
As a recent member of the Healthcare Commission Patients' Reference Group, could I also deal with our MP's contention that Health Checks "are just propaganda". I want to see standards measured against core values and results published by an independent commission so that I know where improvements should be made and the staff can be congratulated when they make them.
Who does he believe? Not the Hospital Trust, not the Primary Care Trust now not the Healthcare Commission. Mr Shapps is too young to be behaving like a cynical old man but he owes it to his constituents to base his arguments on facts and not political distortions
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Peter Bell, via email.