Glass-roofed swimming pool
Sir– When I first read of the Tesco take-over of the Shredded Wheat property, my immediate thought was, what a wonderful site for the much-needed swimming complex that this town is sorely lacking. Finally, a centrally located, large, easily accessible pl
Sir- When I first read of the Tesco take-over of the Shredded Wheat property, my immediate thought was, what a wonderful site for the much-needed swimming complex that this town is sorely lacking.
Finally, a centrally located, large, easily accessible plot that could be adapted into a terrific asset for the community. Imagine the shell of the cereal factory transformed, a la Tate Modern, into a grand glass-roofed swimming complex.
Why not include specially designated social areas for the older generation and a proper fun youth club, with an improved bridge from the station, trains, buses and taxis are easily reached.
A facility like this could attract people from all over the area and increase income to WGC in general.
You may also want to watch:
We need another supermarket as much as another coffee shop (ie, like a hole in the head), especially with Sainsbury expanding! As a food company, however, Tesco would provide very nice eateries to go in a leisure complex and cater for all the swimming birthday parties, etc. An outstanding ice-cream parlour would be fun and unique, for instance. Add to this spaces for arts, crafts, fun landscaping, all sorts... it just takes imagination!
I hope this unique project can be fully developed with real creativity and vision and that Tesco and the powers that be don't waste this opportunity.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire