Glass-roofed swimming pool
Sir– When I first read of the Tesco take-over of the Shredded Wheat property, my immediate thought was, what a wonderful site for the much-needed swimming complex that this town is sorely lacking. Finally, a centrally located, large, easily accessible pl
Sir- When I first read of the Tesco take-over of the Shredded Wheat property, my immediate thought was, what a wonderful site for the much-needed swimming complex that this town is sorely lacking.
Finally, a centrally located, large, easily accessible plot that could be adapted into a terrific asset for the community. Imagine the shell of the cereal factory transformed, a la Tate Modern, into a grand glass-roofed swimming complex.
Why not include specially designated social areas for the older generation and a proper fun youth club, with an improved bridge from the station, trains, buses and taxis are easily reached.
A facility like this could attract people from all over the area and increase income to WGC in general.
You may also want to watch:
We need another supermarket as much as another coffee shop (ie, like a hole in the head), especially with Sainsbury expanding! As a food company, however, Tesco would provide very nice eateries to go in a leisure complex and cater for all the swimming birthday parties, etc. An outstanding ice-cream parlour would be fun and unique, for instance. Add to this spaces for arts, crafts, fun landscaping, all sorts... it just takes imagination!
I hope this unique project can be fully developed with real creativity and vision and that Tesco and the powers that be don't waste this opportunity.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses