Generosity of the people of Potters Bar
SIR – Please can I firstly thank everyone in Potters Bar who gave, with such generosity, tombola prizes to The Royal British Legion for this year s town carnival. People have been so kind and gave without question. One garage owner gave a free MOT for the
SIR - Please can I firstly thank everyone in Potters Bar who gave, with such generosity, tombola prizes to The Royal British Legion for this year's town carnival.
People have been so kind and gave without question.
One garage owner gave a free MOT for the second year running; big x for that!
I was then asked to collect for Combat Stress at the Hatfield proms the other weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Again many people gave without question and some in large amounts.
Alas, there was one lady who spoiled my very enjoyable day by remarking, about collecting for Combat Stress; "what a stupid thing to collect for, we all get stressed".
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Words fail me.
Mutton Lane, Potters Bar