Garden City not concrete car park
Sir – May I say how much I support the views of John Marks regarding the proper saving and culture of the trees in Stanborough Park and also of Brett Willis on the issue of retaining our own A and E dept and the retention of QE2 Hospital and not have to
Sir - May I say how much I support the views of John Marks regarding the proper saving and culture of the trees in Stanborough Park and also of Brett Willis on the issue of retaining our own A and E dept and the retention of QE2 Hospital and not have to endure the ceaseless empty promises of various departments.
Regarding Mr Marks' plan to save the trees, Ebeneezer Howard was a major advocate of a GARDEN CITY and not a giant concrete block to park your car and nip down to the local supermarket.
The second comment from Mr Willis is also very cogent. What would happen if a major accident should ever befall us? Like the Potters Bar train crash for instance, would the injured just lay in the streets waiting for the next overworked ambulance crew to take them to Stevenage to wait undercover?
Come on councillors, wake up, especially as the local election could find you on the list of unemployed. Stop adding to global warming with all your hot air.
Mill Green Road,
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 8 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built