Fine work prosecuting mobile phone car driver
SIR – At last! I had given up all hope! In the Central Herts Court Round-up (WHT, February 11) I see a long overdue prosecution for using a mobile phone while driving. It s dangerous, it s life threatening, it s criminal – AND, it s so widespread, it
SIR - At last! I had given up all hope! In the Central Herts Court Round-up (WHT, February 11) I see a long overdue prosecution for using a mobile phone while driving. It's dangerous, it's life threatening, it's criminal - AND, it's so widespread, it's a scandal.
Where I live (Longmead/Northfield), I regularly see cars bouncing over the speed bumps, some definitely over the speed limit, a mobile phone clamped to the driver's ear.
I have a great deal of respect for our police - these men and women and the Pcsos do a great job under often difficult circumstances. However, their job is to uphold the whole of the law, not just selective bits of it.
We are all aware that the police occasionally have a purge on something, usually motoring connected. I think it's high time to have a purge on this use of mobiles while driving. I feel strongly, as with the riding of cycles on footpaths, that somewhere there is a disaster waiting to happen.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Mike Alder, Hatfield Central.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street