Fare dodgers in the dock?
SIR - What has happened to the In The Dock section of the newspaper, which has not appeared now for several months? You ran a short article several weeks ago stating that there was a computer problem at the Central Herts Court, but surely this has been
SIR - What has happened to the In The Dock section of the newspaper, which has not appeared now for several months?
You ran a short article several weeks ago stating that there was a computer problem at the Central Herts Court, but surely this has been resolved by now?
Or has our campaigning local newspaper been 'got at' by the politically-correct brigade, shedding crocodile tears for law-breakers whose human rights might be infringed by being named and shamed in public?
The reason I ask is that several weeks ago, I witnessed a belligerent young female at Hatfield station, who had been caught travelling without a ticket.
Her friend accepted the penalty fare without argument, but the way the first woman was behaving was ridiculous.
She admitted having no money with her, yet boarded the train anyway and then acted like she was being picked on because she argued!
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 6 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 7 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
I heard her give her name, so I was hoping to see whether her abusive manner ended in a court appearance, and what fine she incurred, by reading the long-missing regular In The Dock section.
Presumably, this stroppy young woman thinks she could get away with eating in a restaurant for free, just because she left the house with no money?
Name and address supplied.
*Technical problems have now been solved and In the Dock is back on page 18 - Editor.