Extend the yellow lines
SIR – The idiots at Welwyn Hatfield Council and the Highways Agency have made the blocking of Ascots Lane 10 times worse than before. The road is now often blocked on both sides. Vehicles have to drive right down the middle of the road over the white line
SIR - The idiots at Welwyn Hatfield Council and the Highways Agency have made the blocking of Ascots Lane 10 times worse than before.
The road is now often blocked on both sides. Vehicles have to drive right down the middle of the road over the white line.
The situation is no better at night time.
How can ambulances or fire engines 'squeeze' by?
You may also want to watch:
The fence to stop people parking on the grass verges was a big mistake.
All they had to do was extend the double yellow lines 70 feet back to the mini roundabout, (both sides of the road would be ideal) and Ascots Lane would have one clear lane of road for the first time ever.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
A cheap, quick and a solution that works.
What have Welwyn Hatfield Council and the Highways Agency done about this problem? Answer nothing as usual.
They probably had four committee meetings, two of which were to decide whether to have tea or coffee.
Why can't the car park in the cricket club be used?
How about some community spirit from the club. It could allow people to park there, because there is the space and the club is hardly ever used anyway?
Welwyn Hatfield Council and the Highways Agency may say that cars will then park in Kingsley Court.
Well, I have news from them, they already do! They have made Kingsley Court into a car park and not a private residential area it once was.
Inconsiderate drivers even block residents' driveways.
I hope the residents of Kingsley Court get together and erect a metal gate, so that Kingsley Court becomes a secure estate, blocking out undesirables.