Envious of Green Party
SIR – The overwhelming case against the proposed incinerator in Hatfield has been well documented in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times. Both experts in the field and passionate concerned residents have voiced their fears. All four of the major political
SIR - The overwhelming case against the proposed incinerator in Hatfield has been well documented in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
Both experts in the field and passionate concerned residents have voiced their fears.
All four of the major political parties have made clear their objections and claimed, with the help of our votes, that they are the party that will fight to stop this incinerator being built.
So it would be reasonable, therefore, to presume that all four of the major parties have national policies that oppose the building of incinerators.
You may also want to watch:
Only one, the Green Party , has any such policy.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
In fact the Green Party proposes to pass laws that would make the building of any incinertors illegal.
Under a Green government this incinerator could not be built.
Under a Green-led county council this incinerator could not be built.
If local politicians from the other parties are to be believed, and they truly do oppose incinerators, then one would have to question their integrity in aligning themselves to political parties with whom they so fundamentally disagree.
Stonecross Road, Hatfield.