Enough police officers
SIR – I noticed with interest your article regarding the possible loss of 150 police officers if council tax is not increased. I was at the Woodhall Parade shops on Sunday and counted six police cars in the car park. To the best of my knowledge no major
SIR - I noticed with interest your article regarding the possible loss of 150 police officers if council tax is not increased.
I was at the Woodhall Parade shops on Sunday and counted six police cars in the car park. To the best of my knowledge no major incident had taken place because I am certain if it had, your esteemed organ would have had it immediately bold and large on your website.
So this begs the question, what dire emergency required this presence?
The only activity I could see was a group of teenagers acting bravely in front of a couple of officers - but certainly no crazed gunman or civil unrest on a grand scale.
You may also want to watch:
So if we lose 150 you have to ask, will we be any worse off, because to me it looks like we have a surplus if Sunday was anything to go by.
Barry Chapman, Marley Road, WGC.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 4 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas