Enough police officers
SIR – I noticed with interest your article regarding the possible loss of 150 police officers if council tax is not increased. I was at the Woodhall Parade shops on Sunday and counted six police cars in the car park. To the best of my knowledge no major
SIR - I noticed with interest your article regarding the possible loss of 150 police officers if council tax is not increased.
I was at the Woodhall Parade shops on Sunday and counted six police cars in the car park. To the best of my knowledge no major incident had taken place because I am certain if it had, your esteemed organ would have had it immediately bold and large on your website.
So this begs the question, what dire emergency required this presence?
The only activity I could see was a group of teenagers acting bravely in front of a couple of officers - but certainly no crazed gunman or civil unrest on a grand scale.
You may also want to watch:
So if we lose 150 you have to ask, will we be any worse off, because to me it looks like we have a surplus if Sunday was anything to go by.
Barry Chapman, Marley Road, WGC.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed