Electorate has had its say
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and especially my wife in Thurdays night s election. We will do our best to work hard for all the voters.With regard to Mrs Margaret Birleson s comments, it is comical that sh
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and especially my wife in Thurdays night's election. We will do our best to work hard for all the voters.
With regard to Mrs Margaret Birleson's comments, it is comical that she should suggest there will be a "complete dictatorship" handed to the Tories. The opposition were not very efficient, they always tried to score political points and never once come up with ideas or suggestions to support the efforts of the council. It is now daft to say "the Tory party will go ahead and do as they wish".
Again this only too clearly demonstrates she has lost touch; the same as the Labour party has with the people of this country.
In fact there is almost an implication that it is the electorate's fault Labour has lost 50% of its seats on the council. Sorry Mrs Birleson, the voters had their say.
You may also want to watch:
They have not engaged with the political process.
The information they put out during the campaign did not connect with the voters.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Negative politics are a thing of the past.
People are feed up with winging politics they want positive, constructive, action.
Cllr Nick Atkinson,