Electorate has had its say
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and especially my wife in Thurdays night s election. We will do our best to work hard for all the voters.With regard to Mrs Margaret Birleson s comments, it is comical that sh
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and especially my wife in Thurdays night's election. We will do our best to work hard for all the voters.
With regard to Mrs Margaret Birleson's comments, it is comical that she should suggest there will be a "complete dictatorship" handed to the Tories. The opposition were not very efficient, they always tried to score political points and never once come up with ideas or suggestions to support the efforts of the council. It is now daft to say "the Tory party will go ahead and do as they wish".
Again this only too clearly demonstrates she has lost touch; the same as the Labour party has with the people of this country.
In fact there is almost an implication that it is the electorate's fault Labour has lost 50% of its seats on the council. Sorry Mrs Birleson, the voters had their say.
You may also want to watch:
They have not engaged with the political process.
The information they put out during the campaign did not connect with the voters.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
Negative politics are a thing of the past.
People are feed up with winging politics they want positive, constructive, action.
Cllr Nick Atkinson,