Electorate has had its say
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and especially my wife in Thurdays night s election. We will do our best to work hard for all the voters.With regard to Mrs Margaret Birleson s comments, it is comical that sh
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and especially my wife in Thurdays night's election. We will do our best to work hard for all the voters.
With regard to Mrs Margaret Birleson's comments, it is comical that she should suggest there will be a "complete dictatorship" handed to the Tories. The opposition were not very efficient, they always tried to score political points and never once come up with ideas or suggestions to support the efforts of the council. It is now daft to say "the Tory party will go ahead and do as they wish".
Again this only too clearly demonstrates she has lost touch; the same as the Labour party has with the people of this country.
In fact there is almost an implication that it is the electorate's fault Labour has lost 50% of its seats on the council. Sorry Mrs Birleson, the voters had their say.
You may also want to watch:
They have not engaged with the political process.
The information they put out during the campaign did not connect with the voters.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Negative politics are a thing of the past.
People are feed up with winging politics they want positive, constructive, action.
Cllr Nick Atkinson,