Don’t hold your breath
Sir – We read in the paper about a crossing being put in Knightsfield at Shoplands. We would like to say to the residents there, don t count your chickens before they re hatched . We were promised a crossing near the junction of Harwood Hill, in Knight
Sir - We read in the paper about a crossing being put in Knightsfield at Shoplands.
We would like to say to the residents there, 'don't count your chickens before they're hatched'.
We were promised a crossing near the junction of Harwood Hill, in Knightsfield, because of the traffic going to Shire Park (2005).
It was supposed to be done the same time as the one in Digswell Road near Kirklands.
You may also want to watch:
But it never happened.
They told us they were a bit behind with the work. A year later we wrote again only to be told they had run out of money.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
The matter was passed on to the councillor who is supposed to look after this end of Knightsfield.
A few months later we received a letter to say there were not enough pedestrians to warrant a crossing.
The build up of traffic starts at about 8am to 9.30am then again from 3pm to well after 6pm.
There have been accidents in the past outside our cul-de-sac, some very serious. So it looks as if more accidents must happen before anything is done.
So we say to residents near Shoplands, "believe it when you see it".
Name and address supplied.