Don’t hold your breath
Sir – We read in the paper about a crossing being put in Knightsfield at Shoplands. We would like to say to the residents there, don t count your chickens before they re hatched . We were promised a crossing near the junction of Harwood Hill, in Knight
Sir - We read in the paper about a crossing being put in Knightsfield at Shoplands.
We would like to say to the residents there, 'don't count your chickens before they're hatched'.
We were promised a crossing near the junction of Harwood Hill, in Knightsfield, because of the traffic going to Shire Park (2005).
It was supposed to be done the same time as the one in Digswell Road near Kirklands.
You may also want to watch:
But it never happened.
They told us they were a bit behind with the work. A year later we wrote again only to be told they had run out of money.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
The matter was passed on to the councillor who is supposed to look after this end of Knightsfield.
A few months later we received a letter to say there were not enough pedestrians to warrant a crossing.
The build up of traffic starts at about 8am to 9.30am then again from 3pm to well after 6pm.
There have been accidents in the past outside our cul-de-sac, some very serious. So it looks as if more accidents must happen before anything is done.
So we say to residents near Shoplands, "believe it when you see it".
Name and address supplied.