Don’t hold your breath
Sir – We read in the paper about a crossing being put in Knightsfield at Shoplands. We would like to say to the residents there, don t count your chickens before they re hatched . We were promised a crossing near the junction of Harwood Hill, in Knight
Sir - We read in the paper about a crossing being put in Knightsfield at Shoplands.
We would like to say to the residents there, 'don't count your chickens before they're hatched'.
We were promised a crossing near the junction of Harwood Hill, in Knightsfield, because of the traffic going to Shire Park (2005).
It was supposed to be done the same time as the one in Digswell Road near Kirklands.
But it never happened.
They told us they were a bit behind with the work. A year later we wrote again only to be told they had run out of money.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 4 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Liam Gallagher and sons star in new Sky special '48 Hours at Rockfield' ahead of Knebworth Park return
The matter was passed on to the councillor who is supposed to look after this end of Knightsfield.
A few months later we received a letter to say there were not enough pedestrians to warrant a crossing.
The build up of traffic starts at about 8am to 9.30am then again from 3pm to well after 6pm.
There have been accidents in the past outside our cul-de-sac, some very serious. So it looks as if more accidents must happen before anything is done.
So we say to residents near Shoplands, "believe it when you see it".
Name and address supplied.