Dangers of high cholesterol
SIR - H.E.A.R.T UK – The Cholesterol Charity - is delighted to have been chosen as one of the two Official Charities for the Flora London Marathon 2008. As a relatively small national charity we have a massive challenge: to raise awareness about the dan
SIR - H.E.A.R.T UK - The Cholesterol Charity - is delighted to have been chosen as one of the two Official Charities for the Flora London Marathon 2008. As a relatively small national charity we have a massive challenge: to raise awareness about the dangers of raised cholesterol, especially inherited high cholesterol (IHC), and save young lives.
IHC affects one person in every 100 in the UK today but, being a silent condition, fewer than 15% of cases are diagnosed in time, leaving more than 500,000 people at risk of early cardiovascular disease which can cause heart attack, stroke and premature death. IHC can kill fit, young people in their 20s, 30s and 40s, suddenly and without warning.
In order to maximise our presence on the Marathon course - and so increase vital awareness about IHC - H.E.A.R.T UK invites any runner with their own place in the Flora London Marathon on Sunday 13th April to join our Teamredlaces and enjoy all the benefits of running in an exciting, supportive team. We would love you to wear our Teamredlaces vest and redlaces, raise some funds through www.justgiving.co.uk and help us to paint the town red! Call us on our Teamredlaces Hotline: 0845 873 9597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We all have a fantastic opportunity to keep young hearts running - please help us if you can.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
7 North Road