Dangers of high cholesterol
SIR - H.E.A.R.T UK – The Cholesterol Charity - is delighted to have been chosen as one of the two Official Charities for the Flora London Marathon 2008. As a relatively small national charity we have a massive challenge: to raise awareness about the dan
SIR - H.E.A.R.T UK - The Cholesterol Charity - is delighted to have been chosen as one of the two Official Charities for the Flora London Marathon 2008. As a relatively small national charity we have a massive challenge: to raise awareness about the dangers of raised cholesterol, especially inherited high cholesterol (IHC), and save young lives.
IHC affects one person in every 100 in the UK today but, being a silent condition, fewer than 15% of cases are diagnosed in time, leaving more than 500,000 people at risk of early cardiovascular disease which can cause heart attack, stroke and premature death. IHC can kill fit, young people in their 20s, 30s and 40s, suddenly and without warning.
In order to maximise our presence on the Marathon course - and so increase vital awareness about IHC - H.E.A.R.T UK invites any runner with their own place in the Flora London Marathon on Sunday 13th April to join our Teamredlaces and enjoy all the benefits of running in an exciting, supportive team. We would love you to wear our Teamredlaces vest and redlaces, raise some funds through www.justgiving.co.uk and help us to paint the town red! Call us on our Teamredlaces Hotline: 0845 873 9597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We all have a fantastic opportunity to keep young hearts running - please help us if you can.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 3 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
7 North Road