Council jobs clarification
SIR – Following on from your piece in last week’s WHT (‘Right decision for borough’, January 20), I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a misunderstanding regarding redundancies at Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The council has a robust policy of redeployment within the organisation, which it follows meticulously and will use to avoid redundancy wherever possible.
If this is not possible, then voluntary redundancy is offered as part of an open dialogue between the council and its employees.
Compulsory redundancy is considered the last option and one we look to avoid, however in some cases it is unavoidable.
In this financial year, any redundancies will be the result of a thorough process that has already explored and exhausted all other opportunities and options within the council.
You may also want to watch:
I apologise for any misunderstanding my statement may have caused.
Councillor John Dean,
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
Leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council