Contractors at fault
SIR – Why is it that so many people are now parking on grass verges?
The worst culprits are Serco, a firm which, I understand, works for the council?
These are not isolated incidents and they act as though they have been told NOT to park on the road at any time.
Why is it that whenever you telephone the council to give them relevant information, ie Serco almost causing accidents by ensuring pedestrians cannot use the pavement as they are parked on it OR the registration of a lorry fly-tipping (twice) and cars and motor bikes driving over Green Belt they have no interest in anything other than procuring the informant’s private information?
This is unlikely, given all the bad press about confidential information finding its way into the wrong hands, yet they refuse to act without it.
Why is it?
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 3 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 4 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 5 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar