Community spirit in Hatfield
SIR – I feel compelled to write to express my thanks to the residents of Cotswolds in south Hatfield where I was recently invited to and attended what can best be described as a street party. In particular I congratulate Mrs Raynor Quinn and her fellow
SIR - I feel compelled to write to express my thanks to the residents of Cotswolds in south Hatfield where I was recently invited to and attended what can best be described as a street party.
In particular I congratulate Mrs Raynor Quinn and her fellow residents for personally organising a fantastic occasion where all sections of this local community, young and old, came together to enjoy music and refreshments on an all too rare sunny afternoon.
Many people feel such community spirit has long since vanished, but this event proved there is still a strong neighbourly feeling and I was pleasantly surprised that something like this could take place in 2009.
I recall being told by a certain ex-prime minister that 'society does not exist', perhaps if we had more events like this where neighbours could come together and socialise on their own doorsteps, there would be more tolerance and assistance afforded to one another, and far less isolation and anti social behaviour within our communities.
You may also want to watch:
Well done Mrs Quinn, you and your fellow residents are a lesson to us all.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
South Hatfield ward councillor.