Car ruined thanks to rent increase
SIR – Regarding the WHBC garage rent increase: I recently received a letter advising a rent increase of £1 bringing it to a total of £9.99 per week or £40 per month. I have always rented a council garage and looked after my car but being a pensioner I ca
SIR - Regarding the WHBC garage rent increase: I recently received a letter advising a rent increase of £1 bringing it to a total of £9.99 per week or £40 per month. I have always rented a council garage and looked after my car but being a pensioner I cannot afford this new increase.
I gave up my garage a couple of weeks ago and was asked the reason why. I told them it was the rent increase. The receptionist said they had been handed over loads of keys for the same reason.
There are already lots of empty garages, surely they do not need to increase the rent as there is absolutely no upkeep required except a coat of paint every couple of years.
I was very upset on Saturday morning to find that my car has been keyed all down one side, probably done with a knife rather than a key as the handle has been cut into and a key wouldn't be sharp enought to do that.
You may also want to watch:
After years of looking after it, my car has been ruined because I couldn't afford the rent increase.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?