Car ruined thanks to rent increase
SIR – Regarding the WHBC garage rent increase: I recently received a letter advising a rent increase of £1 bringing it to a total of £9.99 per week or £40 per month. I have always rented a council garage and looked after my car but being a pensioner I ca
SIR - Regarding the WHBC garage rent increase: I recently received a letter advising a rent increase of £1 bringing it to a total of £9.99 per week or £40 per month. I have always rented a council garage and looked after my car but being a pensioner I cannot afford this new increase.
I gave up my garage a couple of weeks ago and was asked the reason why. I told them it was the rent increase. The receptionist said they had been handed over loads of keys for the same reason.
There are already lots of empty garages, surely they do not need to increase the rent as there is absolutely no upkeep required except a coat of paint every couple of years.
I was very upset on Saturday morning to find that my car has been keyed all down one side, probably done with a knife rather than a key as the handle has been cut into and a key wouldn't be sharp enought to do that.
You may also want to watch:
After years of looking after it, my car has been ruined because I couldn't afford the rent increase.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre