CAB needs you!
SIR – The Welwyn Hatfield Citizens Advice Bureau needs more volunteer advisors and trustees. Demand for our advice is rising rapidly, and we have just opened an outreach in Welwyn Garden. As a registered charity we have to source all our own funds. An
SIR - The Welwyn Hatfield Citizens Advice Bureau needs more volunteer advisors and trustees.
Demand for our advice is rising rapidly, and we have just opened an outreach in Welwyn Garden.
As a registered charity we have to source all our own funds.
An advisor typically works one morning each week, although there is a lot of flexibility around attendances.
You may also want to watch:
Full training will be given.
The board of trustees gives direction to the bureau; it meets four times a year, plus other events.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
We are looking for trustees with finance, HR, IT or fundraising experience.
Closing date is June 12 for board applications.
For more information see our website or contact our bureau manager, Debbie Rixon, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 268054.
From personal experience, I know that helping your fellow citizens through the CAB is satisfying and worthwhile.
Welwyn Hatfield CAB
Hands off Green Belt