Blame parking on the workers
SIR – Concerning the recent correspondence about the parking of cars on Knightsfield outside Shire Park. During the past few months I have contacted Welwyn Hatfield Council, Herts County Council and the police about this hazard only to be told that
SIR - Concerning the recent correspondence about the parking of cars on Knightsfield outside Shire Park.
During the past few months I have contacted Welwyn Hatfield Council, Herts County Council and the police about this hazard only to be told that either it's not their problem or that they will look into it.
The reason for this parking is for car owners to be able to make a quick exit at going-home time and thus avoid the queues leaving the park.
Also workers at Shire Park use side roads and the road between Bessemer Road/Haldens roundabout and Haldens shops as well as the shoppers' car park for parking.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps an answer to this nuisance would be to follow the ruling used nearer the town centre for Knightsfield - ie, no parking before 11am and between 3pm and 6pm for non residents.
So far as Haldens and the shoppers' car park are concerned a solution is required which would not inconvenience either residents or their legitimate visitors.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
Perhaps someone out there has an answer!
Jane Brunning, Nutfield, WGC.