Blame parking on the workers
SIR – Concerning the recent correspondence about the parking of cars on Knightsfield outside Shire Park. During the past few months I have contacted Welwyn Hatfield Council, Herts County Council and the police about this hazard only to be told that
SIR - Concerning the recent correspondence about the parking of cars on Knightsfield outside Shire Park.
During the past few months I have contacted Welwyn Hatfield Council, Herts County Council and the police about this hazard only to be told that either it's not their problem or that they will look into it.
The reason for this parking is for car owners to be able to make a quick exit at going-home time and thus avoid the queues leaving the park.
Also workers at Shire Park use side roads and the road between Bessemer Road/Haldens roundabout and Haldens shops as well as the shoppers' car park for parking.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps an answer to this nuisance would be to follow the ruling used nearer the town centre for Knightsfield - ie, no parking before 11am and between 3pm and 6pm for non residents.
So far as Haldens and the shoppers' car park are concerned a solution is required which would not inconvenience either residents or their legitimate visitors.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Perhaps someone out there has an answer!
Jane Brunning, Nutfield, WGC.