Birds common in my garden
SIR – I see from Dr Whitelegg s recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area. In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year. I have a candelabra feeder out all the
SIR - I see from Dr Whitelegg's recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area.
In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year.
I have a candelabra feeder out all the time which they use continually.
I believe they nest in my neighbour's eaves, not in the triple nest box we put out. I suspect it is too close to the house.
You may also want to watch:
The RSPB survey that they do every year reveals that I count usually eight at the hour they stipulate.
This snowy weather we are experiencing at the moment brings a dozen or more to the feeders.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
You mentioned pied wagtails as well. I have a regular visit from one of these.
Mrs Ruth Ragg, Somers Road, North Mymms.