Birds common in my garden
SIR – I see from Dr Whitelegg s recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area. In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year. I have a candelabra feeder out all the
SIR - I see from Dr Whitelegg's recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area.
In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year.
I have a candelabra feeder out all the time which they use continually.
I believe they nest in my neighbour's eaves, not in the triple nest box we put out. I suspect it is too close to the house.
You may also want to watch:
The RSPB survey that they do every year reveals that I count usually eight at the hour they stipulate.
This snowy weather we are experiencing at the moment brings a dozen or more to the feeders.
- 1 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 10 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking
You mentioned pied wagtails as well. I have a regular visit from one of these.
Mrs Ruth Ragg, Somers Road, North Mymms.