Birds common in my garden
SIR – I see from Dr Whitelegg s recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area. In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year. I have a candelabra feeder out all the
SIR - I see from Dr Whitelegg's recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area.
In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year.
I have a candelabra feeder out all the time which they use continually.
I believe they nest in my neighbour's eaves, not in the triple nest box we put out. I suspect it is too close to the house.
You may also want to watch:
The RSPB survey that they do every year reveals that I count usually eight at the hour they stipulate.
This snowy weather we are experiencing at the moment brings a dozen or more to the feeders.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
You mentioned pied wagtails as well. I have a regular visit from one of these.
Mrs Ruth Ragg, Somers Road, North Mymms.