Birds common in my garden
SIR – I see from Dr Whitelegg s recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area. In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year. I have a candelabra feeder out all the
SIR - I see from Dr Whitelegg's recent letter in the WHT that you would like to know about sparrow sightings in this area.
In my garden there is no shortage of them, they are there all the time and most of the year.
I have a candelabra feeder out all the time which they use continually.
I believe they nest in my neighbour's eaves, not in the triple nest box we put out. I suspect it is too close to the house.
The RSPB survey that they do every year reveals that I count usually eight at the hour they stipulate.
This snowy weather we are experiencing at the moment brings a dozen or more to the feeders.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 3 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Met Police officer denies sexually assaulting male colleague
- 10 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
You mentioned pied wagtails as well. I have a regular visit from one of these.
Mrs Ruth Ragg, Somers Road, North Mymms.