Better than accepting insults
SIR – I completely concur with Mr Kramer s letter (Jan 23) on exposing the Government s and the PCT s incompetence in being no longer able to maintain both of our hospitals, QE2 and Lister, nor to build the promised Hatfield super- hospital. Is it compl
SIR - I completely concur with Mr Kramer's letter (Jan 23) on exposing the Government's and the PCT's incompetence in being no longer able to maintain both of our hospitals, QE2 and Lister, nor to build the promised Hatfield super- hospital.
Is it "complaining and whingeing" as Dr Lewis and Dr Sherrard say?
Well clearly not if one replies to the Government's community consultative document entitled The New Place Survey: Consultation due to close Feb 8.
It would seem that at least two of the draft questions in the appendix are particularly apposite, ie., 2.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your local area as a place to live?
4. To what extent do you agree or disagree that you can influence decisions affecting your local area (within 15-20 minutes walking distance)?
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
Details of the consultation paper can be obtained from: http://www. communities.gov.uk/publications/localgovernment/newplacesurvey
(As the document is intended to be distributed by local councils has anyone seen it?)
The famous statement that "all it takes for tyrants to succeed is that ordinary people do nothing" unfortunately doesn't guarantee that ordinary people doing something constructive will be successful.
However, when common sense has flown out the window it must be better than lying down and accepting insults such as 'whingeing'.