Better than accepting insults
SIR – I completely concur with Mr Kramer s letter (Jan 23) on exposing the Government s and the PCT s incompetence in being no longer able to maintain both of our hospitals, QE2 and Lister, nor to build the promised Hatfield super- hospital. Is it compl
SIR - I completely concur with Mr Kramer's letter (Jan 23) on exposing the Government's and the PCT's incompetence in being no longer able to maintain both of our hospitals, QE2 and Lister, nor to build the promised Hatfield super- hospital.
Is it "complaining and whingeing" as Dr Lewis and Dr Sherrard say?
Well clearly not if one replies to the Government's community consultative document entitled The New Place Survey: Consultation due to close Feb 8.
It would seem that at least two of the draft questions in the appendix are particularly apposite, ie., 2.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your local area as a place to live?
4. To what extent do you agree or disagree that you can influence decisions affecting your local area (within 15-20 minutes walking distance)?
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
Details of the consultation paper can be obtained from: http://www. communities.gov.uk/publications/localgovernment/newplacesurvey
(As the document is intended to be distributed by local councils has anyone seen it?)
The famous statement that "all it takes for tyrants to succeed is that ordinary people do nothing" unfortunately doesn't guarantee that ordinary people doing something constructive will be successful.
However, when common sense has flown out the window it must be better than lying down and accepting insults such as 'whingeing'.