Better than accepting insults
SIR – I completely concur with Mr Kramer s letter (Jan 23) on exposing the Government s and the PCT s incompetence in being no longer able to maintain both of our hospitals, QE2 and Lister, nor to build the promised Hatfield super- hospital. Is it compl
SIR - I completely concur with Mr Kramer's letter (Jan 23) on exposing the Government's and the PCT's incompetence in being no longer able to maintain both of our hospitals, QE2 and Lister, nor to build the promised Hatfield super- hospital.
Is it "complaining and whingeing" as Dr Lewis and Dr Sherrard say?
Well clearly not if one replies to the Government's community consultative document entitled The New Place Survey: Consultation due to close Feb 8.
It would seem that at least two of the draft questions in the appendix are particularly apposite, ie., 2.
Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your local area as a place to live?
4. To what extent do you agree or disagree that you can influence decisions affecting your local area (within 15-20 minutes walking distance)?
- 1 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 2 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Seven-year-old writes MP letter about WGC homeless crisis
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
Details of the consultation paper can be obtained from: http://www. communities.gov.uk/publications/localgovernment/newplacesurvey
(As the document is intended to be distributed by local councils has anyone seen it?)
The famous statement that "all it takes for tyrants to succeed is that ordinary people do nothing" unfortunately doesn't guarantee that ordinary people doing something constructive will be successful.
However, when common sense has flown out the window it must be better than lying down and accepting insults such as 'whingeing'.