Be a tough Tory
Sir – I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism. As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my
Sir - I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism.
As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my properties from the criminal entity.
But I was left dumbfounded last week when Mr Shapps decided to go against extending the terror laws from 28 to 42 days.
When out shopping in London I want my grandchildren to feel safe - I don't think that we should be giving criminals an easy time. And I want a Conservative party like the one of old, a party that was tough on crime.
You may also want to watch:
If the police need more time to question a suicide bomber then they should get it. I would expect the 'civil rights' jargon to come from the mouth of Gordon Brown, but in a strange paradox it appears that Grant Shapps is the one who has become soft on crime.
Give us back our old Tory values Grant!
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
John Prefontaine, High Oaks Road, WGC.