Be a tough Tory
Sir – I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism. As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my
Sir - I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism.
As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my properties from the criminal entity.
But I was left dumbfounded last week when Mr Shapps decided to go against extending the terror laws from 28 to 42 days.
When out shopping in London I want my grandchildren to feel safe - I don't think that we should be giving criminals an easy time. And I want a Conservative party like the one of old, a party that was tough on crime.
If the police need more time to question a suicide bomber then they should get it. I would expect the 'civil rights' jargon to come from the mouth of Gordon Brown, but in a strange paradox it appears that Grant Shapps is the one who has become soft on crime.
Give us back our old Tory values Grant!
- 1 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 2 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
John Prefontaine, High Oaks Road, WGC.