Be a tough Tory
Sir – I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism. As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my
Sir - I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism.
As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my properties from the criminal entity.
But I was left dumbfounded last week when Mr Shapps decided to go against extending the terror laws from 28 to 42 days.
When out shopping in London I want my grandchildren to feel safe - I don't think that we should be giving criminals an easy time. And I want a Conservative party like the one of old, a party that was tough on crime.
You may also want to watch:
If the police need more time to question a suicide bomber then they should get it. I would expect the 'civil rights' jargon to come from the mouth of Gordon Brown, but in a strange paradox it appears that Grant Shapps is the one who has become soft on crime.
Give us back our old Tory values Grant!
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
John Prefontaine, High Oaks Road, WGC.