Be a tough Tory
Sir – I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism. As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my
Sir - I was dismayed to find out that our local MP Grant Shapps is opposed to us defending our shores against the evil of terrorism.
As a resident of WGC for 45 years I have always voted Conservative because they have always protected me and my properties from the criminal entity.
But I was left dumbfounded last week when Mr Shapps decided to go against extending the terror laws from 28 to 42 days.
When out shopping in London I want my grandchildren to feel safe - I don't think that we should be giving criminals an easy time. And I want a Conservative party like the one of old, a party that was tough on crime.
If the police need more time to question a suicide bomber then they should get it. I would expect the 'civil rights' jargon to come from the mouth of Gordon Brown, but in a strange paradox it appears that Grant Shapps is the one who has become soft on crime.
Give us back our old Tory values Grant!
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
John Prefontaine, High Oaks Road, WGC.