SIR – I am disgusted at the recent strike action teachers are taking over pay. Teachers are employed to educate the future of Britain. It is obvious that greed has overwhelmed the minority and is leading the majority. I ask those teachers who are taking
SIR - I am disgusted at the recent strike action teachers are taking over pay. Teachers are employed to educate the future of Britain. It is obvious that greed has overwhelmed the minority and is leading the majority.
I ask those teachers who are taking industrial action: what will you achieve? The answer - nothing, apart from causing disruption and sacrificing the education of our children.
I ask what example are teaching staff setting to children? On one hand, students are monitored on attendance, which furthermore determines national target figures and revenue for a school, yet on the other hand teachers are failing to lead by example.
Having been through the education system since 1976, it is clear that teaching staff do not have passion about teaching, but more about funding a lifestyle that is fuelled by greed.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, what employer offers a salary, pension and 10 weeks paid leave?
Sam Pandya, Holwell Road, WGC
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign