SIR – I am disgusted at the recent strike action teachers are taking over pay. Teachers are employed to educate the future of Britain. It is obvious that greed has overwhelmed the minority and is leading the majority. I ask those teachers who are taking
SIR - I am disgusted at the recent strike action teachers are taking over pay. Teachers are employed to educate the future of Britain. It is obvious that greed has overwhelmed the minority and is leading the majority.
I ask those teachers who are taking industrial action: what will you achieve? The answer - nothing, apart from causing disruption and sacrificing the education of our children.
I ask what example are teaching staff setting to children? On one hand, students are monitored on attendance, which furthermore determines national target figures and revenue for a school, yet on the other hand teachers are failing to lead by example.
Having been through the education system since 1976, it is clear that teaching staff do not have passion about teaching, but more about funding a lifestyle that is fuelled by greed.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, what employer offers a salary, pension and 10 weeks paid leave?
Sam Pandya, Holwell Road, WGC
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire