Attack victim thanks medics
Sir – I would just like to clarify some discrepancies in your report Vicious attack on OAP in park (WHT, April 23). There was no violent struggle just a cowardly blow to the back of the head, and the next thing the victim knew was the paramedic was
Sir - I would just like to clarify some discrepancies in your report "Vicious attack on OAP in park" (WHT, April 23).
There was no violent struggle just a cowardly blow to the back of the head, and the next thing the victim knew was the paramedic was talking to her. She had an overnight stay in the QE2 Hospital, to tend to the wound to the back of her head and other subsequent injuries.
The victim would like to express her gratitude to the Good Samaritan who came to her assistance and acted extremely fast calling the emergency services; also the emergency care practitioner and paramedic crew for their prompt attendance and care; and thank the doctors and nursing staff at the QE2 A&E and Lemsford ward for all their excellent care and attention during her stay. Also the police for all their help and follow-up care.
You may also want to watch:
name and address supplied
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street