Attack victim thanks medics
Sir – I would just like to clarify some discrepancies in your report Vicious attack on OAP in park (WHT, April 23). There was no violent struggle just a cowardly blow to the back of the head, and the next thing the victim knew was the paramedic was
Sir - I would just like to clarify some discrepancies in your report "Vicious attack on OAP in park" (WHT, April 23).
There was no violent struggle just a cowardly blow to the back of the head, and the next thing the victim knew was the paramedic was talking to her. She had an overnight stay in the QE2 Hospital, to tend to the wound to the back of her head and other subsequent injuries.
The victim would like to express her gratitude to the Good Samaritan who came to her assistance and acted extremely fast calling the emergency services; also the emergency care practitioner and paramedic crew for their prompt attendance and care; and thank the doctors and nursing staff at the QE2 A&E and Lemsford ward for all their excellent care and attention during her stay. Also the police for all their help and follow-up care.
You may also want to watch:
name and address supplied
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas