Attack victim thanks medics
Sir – I would just like to clarify some discrepancies in your report Vicious attack on OAP in park (WHT, April 23). There was no violent struggle just a cowardly blow to the back of the head, and the next thing the victim knew was the paramedic was
Sir - I would just like to clarify some discrepancies in your report "Vicious attack on OAP in park" (WHT, April 23).
There was no violent struggle just a cowardly blow to the back of the head, and the next thing the victim knew was the paramedic was talking to her. She had an overnight stay in the QE2 Hospital, to tend to the wound to the back of her head and other subsequent injuries.
The victim would like to express her gratitude to the Good Samaritan who came to her assistance and acted extremely fast calling the emergency services; also the emergency care practitioner and paramedic crew for their prompt attendance and care; and thank the doctors and nursing staff at the QE2 A&E and Lemsford ward for all their excellent care and attention during her stay. Also the police for all their help and follow-up care.
You may also want to watch:
name and address supplied
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone