Appalling delays around Welwyn Garden City
SIR – I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby. I don t think anyone could have expected how much of the
SIR - I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby.
I don't think anyone could have expected how much of the road would be taken away for so long, resulting in fewer lanes, when most of the time, no work actually appears to be taking place. Little effort seems to being made to re-open sections of road when it has been filled in and resurfaced.
The 'temporary' builders traffic lights also cause delays because they seem to work to fixed timings instead of responding to traffic levels.
To have the work scheduled to last 15 weeks when it is proceeding so slowly is unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
I will be writing to the authorities asking them to get the work done more quickly - there is now a system for rationing use of road-space and I will be asking for this to used to speed things up.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
County and borough councillor.