Appalling delays around Welwyn Garden City
SIR – I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby. I don t think anyone could have expected how much of the
SIR - I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby.
I don't think anyone could have expected how much of the road would be taken away for so long, resulting in fewer lanes, when most of the time, no work actually appears to be taking place. Little effort seems to being made to re-open sections of road when it has been filled in and resurfaced.
The 'temporary' builders traffic lights also cause delays because they seem to work to fixed timings instead of responding to traffic levels.
To have the work scheduled to last 15 weeks when it is proceeding so slowly is unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
I will be writing to the authorities asking them to get the work done more quickly - there is now a system for rationing use of road-space and I will be asking for this to used to speed things up.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
County and borough councillor.