Appalling delays around Welwyn Garden City
SIR – I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby. I don t think anyone could have expected how much of the
SIR - I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby.
I don't think anyone could have expected how much of the road would be taken away for so long, resulting in fewer lanes, when most of the time, no work actually appears to be taking place. Little effort seems to being made to re-open sections of road when it has been filled in and resurfaced.
The 'temporary' builders traffic lights also cause delays because they seem to work to fixed timings instead of responding to traffic levels.
To have the work scheduled to last 15 weeks when it is proceeding so slowly is unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
I will be writing to the authorities asking them to get the work done more quickly - there is now a system for rationing use of road-space and I will be asking for this to used to speed things up.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 What time will the election results come in?
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
County and borough councillor.