Appalling delays around Welwyn Garden City
SIR – I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby. I don t think anyone could have expected how much of the
SIR - I am appalled at the amount of delays being caused by roadworks at the Bridge Road East/Broadwater Road junction; the tailbacks are affecting so many buildings and other road junctions nearby.
I don't think anyone could have expected how much of the road would be taken away for so long, resulting in fewer lanes, when most of the time, no work actually appears to be taking place. Little effort seems to being made to re-open sections of road when it has been filled in and resurfaced.
The 'temporary' builders traffic lights also cause delays because they seem to work to fixed timings instead of responding to traffic levels.
To have the work scheduled to last 15 weeks when it is proceeding so slowly is unacceptable.
I will be writing to the authorities asking them to get the work done more quickly - there is now a system for rationing use of road-space and I will be asking for this to used to speed things up.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
County and borough councillor.