Answers came there none
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth. Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical. I
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth.
Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical.
In the WHT (30/1/08 - plenty of time to respond, especially with the aid of a laptop) I asked the following questions of Cllr Markiewicz :
1. Having stated in the council's five-year plan that it valued its employees, how does that gel with the fact that at the same time the council was negotiating to privatise some of its work thereby making some staff redundant?
2. After being told by a council staff member that the notice on local lampposts warning of patrols by wardens was incorrect, how many other warnings are being made, falsely?
3. Hertfordshire appears to be likely to test the water by switching off street lighting in the early hours. How then can the fact that street lights in this road are on all day, every day?
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
- 10 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
If the answers are not known will he consult the audience?
Birds Close, WGC.