Answers came there none
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth. Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical. I
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth.
Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical.
In the WHT (30/1/08 - plenty of time to respond, especially with the aid of a laptop) I asked the following questions of Cllr Markiewicz :
1. Having stated in the council's five-year plan that it valued its employees, how does that gel with the fact that at the same time the council was negotiating to privatise some of its work thereby making some staff redundant?
2. After being told by a council staff member that the notice on local lampposts warning of patrols by wardens was incorrect, how many other warnings are being made, falsely?
3. Hertfordshire appears to be likely to test the water by switching off street lighting in the early hours. How then can the fact that street lights in this road are on all day, every day?
- 1 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 2 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 3 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 6 Autism wellbeing event coming to Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Village off-licence at risk from plans for rival outlet
- 8 New safety signage installed at Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Nissan rolled in three-vehicle crash on M25
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield tops tenant complaint figures for east of England
If the answers are not known will he consult the audience?
Birds Close, WGC.