Answers came there none
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth. Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical. I
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth.
Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical.
In the WHT (30/1/08 - plenty of time to respond, especially with the aid of a laptop) I asked the following questions of Cllr Markiewicz :
1. Having stated in the council's five-year plan that it valued its employees, how does that gel with the fact that at the same time the council was negotiating to privatise some of its work thereby making some staff redundant?
You may also want to watch:
2. After being told by a council staff member that the notice on local lampposts warning of patrols by wardens was incorrect, how many other warnings are being made, falsely?
3. Hertfordshire appears to be likely to test the water by switching off street lighting in the early hours. How then can the fact that street lights in this road are on all day, every day?
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
If the answers are not known will he consult the audience?
Birds Close, WGC.