Answers came there none
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth. Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical. I
SIR - With local elections due in May we can expect a plethora of literature from candidates promising us the earth.
Well, the response I have received from one councillor following an exchange in the letters columns of the WHT is rather more typical.
In the WHT (30/1/08 - plenty of time to respond, especially with the aid of a laptop) I asked the following questions of Cllr Markiewicz :
1. Having stated in the council's five-year plan that it valued its employees, how does that gel with the fact that at the same time the council was negotiating to privatise some of its work thereby making some staff redundant?
You may also want to watch:
2. After being told by a council staff member that the notice on local lampposts warning of patrols by wardens was incorrect, how many other warnings are being made, falsely?
3. Hertfordshire appears to be likely to test the water by switching off street lighting in the early hours. How then can the fact that street lights in this road are on all day, every day?
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
If the answers are not known will he consult the audience?
Birds Close, WGC.