Sir – I read with interest that, surprise, surprise, the Hatfield town centre development has now been put on hold – yet another blow to Hatfield and its people. Will we now see the council spending some time and money on improving the town centre shops,
Sir - I read with interest that, surprise, surprise, the Hatfield town centre development has now been put on hold - yet another blow to Hatfield and its people.
Will we now see the council spending some time and money on improving the town centre shops, foot ways and flower beds that have been allowed to fall into dilapidation during the past few years while the development idea was being mulled over?
As someone who owns a business and pays rates for the Hatfield area I think it is appalling how Hatfield has been allowed to gently slide down the tubes.
Over the past few years the standard of facilities in and around Hatfield, the general upkeep of verges, gutters and roadways have declined yet rates have risen. What is now going to happen to all those who have been uprooted from their business and residential premises to make way for the development now that nothing is going to happen?
Hatfield needs rejuvenating and rejuvenating now before it slides into a deeper decline and attracts the 'wrong' kind of residents, and drives those who have stood by Hatfield during the turbulent times.
I am fiercely proud of Hatfield, my family have been in Hatfield for centuries and in business in the town since 1700 and I implore the council to do something about Hatfield NOW.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield couple demand change to stillborn definition
- 9 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
Mr J Burgess, The Common, Hatfield.