SIR - I imagine that, like me, some of your readers might have tried to understand what it means to be living under occupation. If they have, then, like me, they have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding by attending a meeting taking place in
SIR - I imagine that, like me, some of your readers might have tried to understand what it means to be living under occupation. If they have, then, like me, they have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding by attending a meeting taking place in Welwyn Garden City on Monday 30 June 2008.
The speaker for this meeting is Paul Mukerji who has recently returned from the Palestinian West Bank where he has been serving as a volunteer with the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel. He will present stories and pictorial scenes while considering the questions [a] What is daily life like under occupation? , [b] What is the Israeli peace movement doing? and [c] What can we do to promote a just peace in Israel-Palestine?.
The meeting is at 8 pm on Monday 30 June in The Backhouse Room, Handside Lane, Welwyn Garden City.
It is organised jointly by the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme and the local group of the human rights organisation Amnesty International. For further information call me on 01707 320510.
Reg Pyne OBE
for Welwyn Hatfield and East Herts Amnesty International Group.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman