SIR - I imagine that, like me, some of your readers might have tried to understand what it means to be living under occupation. If they have, then, like me, they have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding by attending a meeting taking place in
SIR - I imagine that, like me, some of your readers might have tried to understand what it means to be living under occupation. If they have, then, like me, they have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding by attending a meeting taking place in Welwyn Garden City on Monday 30 June 2008.
The speaker for this meeting is Paul Mukerji who has recently returned from the Palestinian West Bank where he has been serving as a volunteer with the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel. He will present stories and pictorial scenes while considering the questions [a] What is daily life like under occupation? , [b] What is the Israeli peace movement doing? and [c] What can we do to promote a just peace in Israel-Palestine?.
The meeting is at 8 pm on Monday 30 June in The Backhouse Room, Handside Lane, Welwyn Garden City.
It is organised jointly by the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme and the local group of the human rights organisation Amnesty International. For further information call me on 01707 320510.
You may also want to watch:
Reg Pyne OBE
for Welwyn Hatfield and East Herts Amnesty International Group.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures