Acting with intergrity
SIR – As members of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group, we feel the need to bring a simple faith perspective to the present situation regarding MPs expenses. Interestingly, it was reported in the WHT of May 20, that Sir Philip Mawer, who has been as
SIR - As members of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group, we feel the need to bring a simple faith perspective to the present situation regarding MPs' expenses.
Interestingly, it was reported in the WHT of May 20, that Sir Philip Mawer, who has been asked to investigate MPs' expenses, was the key speaker at the public launch in 2006 of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group addressing the question 'Does faith impact on standards in public life'?
One of the group's aims is to bring a faith perspective to civic affairs.
Commanding the title 'honourable' means acting with integrity in all aspects of life, not merely abiding by rules.
You may also want to watch:
There are public and moral expectations for those we elect to positions of trust.
So, how can we rebuild that trust?
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
We need to see those who have been milking the system for personal gain to acknowledge they have acted in a wrong way, apologise, give restitution, reorder their lives and work with a new resolution.
We are called to forgive, and commissioned to pray for our representatives.
Christine Novelli, chairman,
Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group.