Acting with intergrity
SIR – As members of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group, we feel the need to bring a simple faith perspective to the present situation regarding MPs expenses. Interestingly, it was reported in the WHT of May 20, that Sir Philip Mawer, who has been as
SIR - As members of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group, we feel the need to bring a simple faith perspective to the present situation regarding MPs' expenses.
Interestingly, it was reported in the WHT of May 20, that Sir Philip Mawer, who has been asked to investigate MPs' expenses, was the key speaker at the public launch in 2006 of the Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group addressing the question 'Does faith impact on standards in public life'?
One of the group's aims is to bring a faith perspective to civic affairs.
Commanding the title 'honourable' means acting with integrity in all aspects of life, not merely abiding by rules.
You may also want to watch:
There are public and moral expectations for those we elect to positions of trust.
So, how can we rebuild that trust?
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 8 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 9 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
We need to see those who have been milking the system for personal gain to acknowledge they have acted in a wrong way, apologise, give restitution, reorder their lives and work with a new resolution.
We are called to forgive, and commissioned to pray for our representatives.
Christine Novelli, chairman,
Welwyn Hatfield Inter Faith Group.