A1 motorway traffic lights a good idea
SIR – Re traffic light plan for Bottleneck A1(M) (www.whtimes24, February 19) This is a really good idea. Its a known fact that drivers come off at Jct6 and then straight back on at the entry as a shortcut. This is very unfair on the local residents,
SIR - Re traffic light plan for 'Bottleneck' A1(M) (www.whtimes24, February 19)
This is a really good idea.
Its a known fact that drivers come off at Jct6 and then straight back on at the entry as a shortcut.
This is very unfair on the local residents, but of course the only way to have fixed the problem is to do what there doing.
You may also want to watch:
With regards to the core strategy transport plans being discussed (Option 1 & 2) at various locations during the day, this doesn't make sense as the main people affected by these plan are workers who will be at work when these meetings take place.
A main part of the above is to promote commuters to take the train/bus. Have they got any idea how difficult it would be to commute from Welwyn to Watford or any commute from East to West Herts. It's a fact that rail links do not exist to commute from East to West Herts and vice-versa, therefore work to improve the A414 seem like a no brainer to me. But rather than widening, I think underpasses or overpasses at A414 bottlenecks is all that is required to make the a much better road link to the West of Herts.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
An example of a really bad bottle neck is the A414 roundabout at the Thistle, where local traffic from Chiswell Green stops all A414 traffic in its tracks, an absolute joke.
Thanks for keeping on top of these issues. It might be boring to some, but I know in 5 years time the Welwyn and surrounding area will be in real trouble if nothing changes.
Declan Keane, Twin Foxes, Woolmer Green.