A1(M) must be widened
SIR – When is the A1(M) to be widened from junction six, Welwyn, where it is reduced from three lanes to two lanes onwards north until it reaches Stevenage?
This area is a bottleneck and has needed widening for years, even before the proposed closure of QE2 A&E.
It is in itself an accident and emergency area on most days of the week.
It inevitably delays all traffic including vehicles on the way to and from the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
This situation is not part of joined-up thinking and taking into account the proposed hospital changes the Ministry of Transport should be taking urgent action to implement the road widening of this section of a major motorway.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs A Fanthorpe,
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield