A1(M) must be widened
SIR – When is the A1(M) to be widened from junction six, Welwyn, where it is reduced from three lanes to two lanes onwards north until it reaches Stevenage?
This area is a bottleneck and has needed widening for years, even before the proposed closure of QE2 A&E.
It is in itself an accident and emergency area on most days of the week.
It inevitably delays all traffic including vehicles on the way to and from the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
This situation is not part of joined-up thinking and taking into account the proposed hospital changes the Ministry of Transport should be taking urgent action to implement the road widening of this section of a major motorway.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs A Fanthorpe,
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire