A1(M) must be widened
SIR – When is the A1(M) to be widened from junction six, Welwyn, where it is reduced from three lanes to two lanes onwards north until it reaches Stevenage?
This area is a bottleneck and has needed widening for years, even before the proposed closure of QE2 A&E.
It is in itself an accident and emergency area on most days of the week.
It inevitably delays all traffic including vehicles on the way to and from the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
This situation is not part of joined-up thinking and taking into account the proposed hospital changes the Ministry of Transport should be taking urgent action to implement the road widening of this section of a major motorway.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs A Fanthorpe,
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire