A Tory admission of guilt?
SIR – At last! Conservative councillor John Dean has admitted failing Hatfield residents. Well, sort of. In his recent letter the leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council (PLC?) informed us of improvements taking place within our home town. In short, since the
SIR - At last! Conservative councillor John Dean has admitted failing Hatfield residents. Well, sort of.
In his recent letter the leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council (PLC?) informed us of improvements taking place within our home town.
In short, since the Conservatives have been in power, Cllr Dean admits Hatfield town centre has not been worthy of CCTV, decent toilets, seating or waste bins, respectable brickwork, paving, railings, pillars or lampposts - all of which have been allowed to deteriorate - not forgetting the non-removal of graffiti.
Except for the CCTV all this takes years on no maintenance to get into a state of deterioration, not one year as Cllr Dean wishes us to believe.
You may also want to watch:
By Cllr John Dean admitting by his own hand the lack of maintenance for many years within our home town I think the good people of Hatfield deserve an apology.
Edward John Selby,
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
Wood Common, Hatfield.