A Tory admission of guilt?
SIR – At last! Conservative councillor John Dean has admitted failing Hatfield residents. Well, sort of. In his recent letter the leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council (PLC?) informed us of improvements taking place within our home town. In short, since the
SIR - At last! Conservative councillor John Dean has admitted failing Hatfield residents. Well, sort of.
In his recent letter the leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council (PLC?) informed us of improvements taking place within our home town.
In short, since the Conservatives have been in power, Cllr Dean admits Hatfield town centre has not been worthy of CCTV, decent toilets, seating or waste bins, respectable brickwork, paving, railings, pillars or lampposts - all of which have been allowed to deteriorate - not forgetting the non-removal of graffiti.
Except for the CCTV all this takes years on no maintenance to get into a state of deterioration, not one year as Cllr Dean wishes us to believe.
By Cllr John Dean admitting by his own hand the lack of maintenance for many years within our home town I think the good people of Hatfield deserve an apology.
Edward John Selby,
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
Wood Common, Hatfield.