A Tory admission of guilt?
SIR – At last! Conservative councillor John Dean has admitted failing Hatfield residents. Well, sort of. In his recent letter the leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council (PLC?) informed us of improvements taking place within our home town. In short, since the
SIR - At last! Conservative councillor John Dean has admitted failing Hatfield residents. Well, sort of.
In his recent letter the leader of Welwyn Hatfield Council (PLC?) informed us of improvements taking place within our home town.
In short, since the Conservatives have been in power, Cllr Dean admits Hatfield town centre has not been worthy of CCTV, decent toilets, seating or waste bins, respectable brickwork, paving, railings, pillars or lampposts - all of which have been allowed to deteriorate - not forgetting the non-removal of graffiti.
Except for the CCTV all this takes years on no maintenance to get into a state of deterioration, not one year as Cllr Dean wishes us to believe.
By Cllr John Dean admitting by his own hand the lack of maintenance for many years within our home town I think the good people of Hatfield deserve an apology.
Edward John Selby,
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
Wood Common, Hatfield.