A taxing question
SIR – With the impending closure of the Hatfield town centre post office, which we realise had to happen one day, is now a good time to ask: Why can t Ashvin s Post Office in Birchwood Avenue be upgraded to sell car tax discs, etc.? On several occasio
SIR - With the impending closure of the Hatfield town centre post office, which we realise had to happen one day, is now a good time to ask: "Why can't Ashvin's Post Office in Birchwood Avenue be 'upgraded' to sell car tax discs, etc.?"
On several occasions I have signed petitions for the Post Office authorities to change our post office so that everyone in Birchwood can get their cars taxed there.
Surely, with the town centre due to close (for the modernisation of Hatfield Town Centre) there could not be a better time to save the people of north Hatfield the trouble of 'trying' to find a parking space down the town to re-tax their cars.
If public opinion can't do it, maybe the actions of the council can?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield