A taxing question
SIR – With the impending closure of the Hatfield town centre post office, which we realise had to happen one day, is now a good time to ask: Why can t Ashvin s Post Office in Birchwood Avenue be upgraded to sell car tax discs, etc.? On several occasio
SIR - With the impending closure of the Hatfield town centre post office, which we realise had to happen one day, is now a good time to ask: "Why can't Ashvin's Post Office in Birchwood Avenue be 'upgraded' to sell car tax discs, etc.?"
On several occasions I have signed petitions for the Post Office authorities to change our post office so that everyone in Birchwood can get their cars taxed there.
Surely, with the town centre due to close (for the modernisation of Hatfield Town Centre) there could not be a better time to save the people of north Hatfield the trouble of 'trying' to find a parking space down the town to re-tax their cars.
If public opinion can't do it, maybe the actions of the council can?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan