A real Honourable Member
SIR – I was very pleased to see the article regarding Grant Shapps and his seemingly clean bill of health over MPs expenses. It contrasted starkly with Stevenage s Labour MP Barbara Follett deciding she deserved private security worth �25,000 in public m
SIR - I was very pleased to see the article regarding Grant Shapps and his seemingly clean bill of health over MPs' expenses.
It contrasted starkly with Stevenage's Labour MP Barbara Follett deciding she deserved private security worth �25,000 in public money while her constituents have to make do with the protection of the police.
But then, in Welwyn Hatfield we don't need to worry about her.
Mr Shapps seems to have the right approach. He's not above doing the commute to and from London and, according to your article, will even endure a night on his office floor if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
I was also glad to see David Cameron take the bull by the horns on expenses and the other party leaders follow suit, but it seems that if more MPs on every side of the House took a leaf out of Mr Shapps' book, much of this reordering wouldn't be necessary.
Without wishing to get over the top, Grant Shapps seems to deserve the title "Honourable Member".
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 8 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 9 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
Harvest Mead, Hatfield.