A low crime area
SIR – I am aware of the recent concerns raised by some residents of Bradshaws, Hatfield. Their concerns are my concerns and I have personally looked into the issues raised. I fully understand the effect that anti-social behaviour can have and how it can
SIR - I am aware of the recent concerns raised by some residents of Bradshaws, Hatfield.
Their concerns are my concerns and I have personally looked into the issues raised. I fully understand the effect that anti-social behaviour can have and how it can affect the quality of life of those subjected to this kind of behaviour.
I am keen to ensure that all incidents of anti-social behaviour are dealt with in a robust manner. If there is a perception of high crime levels, this can lead to an increase in the fear of crime.
I wish to reassure all residents of Bradshaws that crime levels in their area are very low with only five incidents recorded in the last 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Anti-social behaviour incidents are not always reported but it is important we are made aware at the time it is happening to allow for positive action to take place.
In some instances, a partnership approach, (working with other agencies such as Welwyn Hatfield Council), as well as working with members of the community itself, is the most effective way of achieving a sustainable solution.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Sergeant Keith Dean, the neighbourhood sergeant for Hatfield and the dedicated ward constable, Pc Craig Hornsey, are aware and I would ask you to inform us of any incidents by ringing the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
You can also ring the neighbourhood team office directly on 01707 638216 - please bear in mind that officers are often out on patrol so if you get a voicemail, please leave a message and someone will come back to you as soon as possible.
You can also report crime anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
But remember, in an emergency, ALWAYS ring 999.
I would also be interested in the setting up of a Neighbourhood Watch in the area or a residents association of which my Neighbourhood Team and I will fully support and become involved in.
My aim is to ensure safety and provide justice and reassurance to not only the residents of Bradshaws, but to all within my area of responsibility of the Welwyn and Hatfield district.
Gary Taylor, Welwyn Hatfield Chief Inspector.