A low crime area
SIR – I am aware of the recent concerns raised by some residents of Bradshaws, Hatfield. Their concerns are my concerns and I have personally looked into the issues raised. I fully understand the effect that anti-social behaviour can have and how it can
SIR - I am aware of the recent concerns raised by some residents of Bradshaws, Hatfield.
Their concerns are my concerns and I have personally looked into the issues raised. I fully understand the effect that anti-social behaviour can have and how it can affect the quality of life of those subjected to this kind of behaviour.
I am keen to ensure that all incidents of anti-social behaviour are dealt with in a robust manner. If there is a perception of high crime levels, this can lead to an increase in the fear of crime.
I wish to reassure all residents of Bradshaws that crime levels in their area are very low with only five incidents recorded in the last 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Anti-social behaviour incidents are not always reported but it is important we are made aware at the time it is happening to allow for positive action to take place.
In some instances, a partnership approach, (working with other agencies such as Welwyn Hatfield Council), as well as working with members of the community itself, is the most effective way of achieving a sustainable solution.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Sergeant Keith Dean, the neighbourhood sergeant for Hatfield and the dedicated ward constable, Pc Craig Hornsey, are aware and I would ask you to inform us of any incidents by ringing the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
You can also ring the neighbourhood team office directly on 01707 638216 - please bear in mind that officers are often out on patrol so if you get a voicemail, please leave a message and someone will come back to you as soon as possible.
You can also report crime anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
But remember, in an emergency, ALWAYS ring 999.
I would also be interested in the setting up of a Neighbourhood Watch in the area or a residents association of which my Neighbourhood Team and I will fully support and become involved in.
My aim is to ensure safety and provide justice and reassurance to not only the residents of Bradshaws, but to all within my area of responsibility of the Welwyn and Hatfield district.
Gary Taylor, Welwyn Hatfield Chief Inspector.