A great panto, oh yes it was!
SIR – This year’s pantomime by the Digswell Players was Babes in the Wood with a Robin Hood slant to the story.
As usual it was a great show and thoroughly enjoyed by the packed audience on the night that we went.
I believe this is the 54th annual pantomime by this group, which started as a ‘potted panto’ given at a WI Christmas party and its continuation over the years is a great achievement.
The family involvement among the cast, production team, stage management, dedicated team of helpers and its audiences has sustained them through all these years and been clearly evident.
As well as the Christmas Panto, the Digswell Players put on a play during the year and its youth group, Expressions, also puts on a musical show.
You may also want to watch:
An ambitious and very entertaining programme.
Well done to all concerned!
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes