A great panto, oh yes it was!
SIR – This year’s pantomime by the Digswell Players was Babes in the Wood with a Robin Hood slant to the story.
As usual it was a great show and thoroughly enjoyed by the packed audience on the night that we went.
I believe this is the 54th annual pantomime by this group, which started as a ‘potted panto’ given at a WI Christmas party and its continuation over the years is a great achievement.
The family involvement among the cast, production team, stage management, dedicated team of helpers and its audiences has sustained them through all these years and been clearly evident.
As well as the Christmas Panto, the Digswell Players put on a play during the year and its youth group, Expressions, also puts on a musical show.
You may also want to watch:
An ambitious and very entertaining programme.
Well done to all concerned!
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn