A galling U-turn over hospital
SIR – Like your correspondent in this week’s WHT, I too have experienced excellent and dedicated service from the staff at WGC’s QE2 Hospital over the last few months.
I find it all the more frustrating that we are now past the point when this major hospital can be saved.
This is particularly galling when it is remembered that prior to 2005 the Labour Government was prepared to build a new state-of-the-art hospital in Hatfield to serve the area.
That of course, was before the constituency’s voters rejected Melanie Johnson as their MP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank