A galling U-turn over hospital
SIR – Like your correspondent in this week’s WHT, I too have experienced excellent and dedicated service from the staff at WGC’s QE2 Hospital over the last few months.
I find it all the more frustrating that we are now past the point when this major hospital can be saved.
This is particularly galling when it is remembered that prior to 2005 the Labour Government was prepared to build a new state-of-the-art hospital in Hatfield to serve the area.
That of course, was before the constituency’s voters rejected Melanie Johnson as their MP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?