A galling U-turn over hospital
SIR – Like your correspondent in this week’s WHT, I too have experienced excellent and dedicated service from the staff at WGC’s QE2 Hospital over the last few months.
I find it all the more frustrating that we are now past the point when this major hospital can be saved.
This is particularly galling when it is remembered that prior to 2005 the Labour Government was prepared to build a new state-of-the-art hospital in Hatfield to serve the area.
That of course, was before the constituency’s voters rejected Melanie Johnson as their MP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses