A galling U-turn over hospital
SIR – Like your correspondent in this week’s WHT, I too have experienced excellent and dedicated service from the staff at WGC’s QE2 Hospital over the last few months.
I find it all the more frustrating that we are now past the point when this major hospital can be saved.
This is particularly galling when it is remembered that prior to 2005 the Labour Government was prepared to build a new state-of-the-art hospital in Hatfield to serve the area.
That of course, was before the constituency’s voters rejected Melanie Johnson as their MP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire