Autumn brings a rich golden hue to the countryside, it signals the start of lazy nights by the fire and offers a whole season of fun.
As October draws to a close, school children and teachers will be embarking on a well-earned week off, giving them time to explore the seasonal delights of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. Whether it is indoor play away from the autumn chill or enjoying the various firework displays.
With Hallowe'en falling in the middle of this year's half-term break, children will be able to delve feet first into the age-old tradition of fancy dress and gruesome fun.
As the week draws to close, bonfire night celebrations will get underway with a bang. Across the region there will be firework displays of varying scales, allowing families to be captivated by explosions of colour against the dark, autumn skies in a safe, controlled environment.
View our listings below of all the bonfire night celebrations taking place near you!
To tell us about a Hallowe'en or bonfire night celebration, email Catherine Gill.
Guy Fawkes Events
- The 1st Arlesey Scoup Group. Annual fireworks display. BBQ, mulled wine and bar available, glow sticks on sale. No sparklers allowed. When: Saturday 2nd Nov 2013. Where: The Whitehorse Pub, High Street, Arlesey. Time: Gates open at 6pm, bonfire lit at 6.30pm, fireworks at 7.15pm. Prices: Free.
- Annual Brookmans Park Rotary and Little Heath School fireworks. Organised by Little Heath School PTA in conjunction with the Rotary Club. When: Saturday 9th Nov 2013. Where: School Road. Time: Gates open at 6pm. Prices: Adult ticket prices in advance are £6 and children £3. The price on the gate is £6 for adults and £3 for children. Under 5s getting in for free
- Cheshunt's annual firework display. Traditional fun for all the family before a stunning 'Hollywood' themed firework display choreographed to music. As well as a giant bonfire, there will also be a funfair and food stalls. For safety reasons, no sparklers, fireworks or alcohol may be brought into the park. When: Sunday 3rd Nov 2013. Where: Cheshunt Park in Park Lane, Cheshunt, EN7 6QD Time: Gates open at 4.30pm, bonfire from 6pm, fireworks 6.45pm Prices: Advanced booking single tickets are £5 and groups of four £18. It's free for under twos. On the night, single tickets cost £7 and it's £25 for a group of four. Parking: Free car parking is available at the Brookfield Centre from 4pm. Telephone: 01992 441946
- Butterfly World Fireworks Display. When: Sunday 3rd Nov 2013. Where: Butterfly World, Miriam Lane, Chiswell Green near St Albans. Time: Gates open at 4.30pm. Fireworks from 6.15pm. Prices: £6 Parking: Free car parking Telephone: 01727 869203
- Hatfield House Annual Firework Display. Entertainment will be provided by Knebworth-based Jack FM in the build-up to the fireworks. There will also be a funfair and catering units offering hot food and drinks. When: Saturday 2nd Nov 2013. Where: Queen Elizabeth Oak Field Time: Gates open at 5pm. Fireworks from 6.30pm. Gates close at 6.45pm. Prices: In advance - £6 for adults, £3 for childen. Tickets will be available on the night but it is cash only. Prices are £7 per adult, £3 per child, and under 5's are free. Parking: Free parking available within the Hatfield House estate. Telephone: 01727 357117
- Harpenden Rugby Club Fireworks extravaganza. When: Sunday 10th Nov 2013 Where: Roundwork Park, Harpenden, AL5 3AETime: Gates open at 3pm. Fireworks at 6pm. Prices: £8 for adults, £5 for childen. Family ticket £20. Tickets on sale from school reception.
- Crabtree Fireworks Spectacular. Fireworks spectacular. Refreshments available. No private fireworks or sparklers. When: Saturday 9th Nov 2013. Where: Crabtree School Playing Fields, Crabtree Lane Time: Gates open at 5.30pm. Display starts 6.30pm Prices: Advanced tickets: Single - £6, Family ticket - £20 (admits up to 4). £7 at the gate, family ticket £25. Free admission for children aged 5 and under.
- Blueharts Hockey Club Fireworks Display. As well as the fireworks and bonfire, there will also be refreshments available, an outside bar and fun fair. When: Tuesday 5th Nov 2013. Where: Lucas Lane, Hitchin Time: Gates open at 6.45pm with the fireworks set off to music from 8pm. Prices:£7 for adults and £5 for children under 14, with a family ticket for two adults and two children costing £20. Telephone: 01462 434468
- Strathmore Infant & Nursery School's Family Fireworks Display. The Family Firework Night will feature a bonfire, bars, food and disco. No dogs or sparklers allowed. When: Saturday 9th Nov 2013. Where: Strathmore Infant & Nursery School, Old Hale Way, Hitchin Time: 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Prices: Limited numbers available. Advanced buying recommeded. Advance tickets £5 for adults and £2.50 for children. On the door tickets are £8 for adults and £4 for children. Tickets can be purchased from the school.
Letchworth Garden City
- Letchworth Garden City & Baldock Lions Club Fireworks Display. Celebrating the 29th anniversary of the annual fireworks display. Money raised from the event, which includes hot food and a bar, will go to the Garden House Hospice and KEECH Hospice Care for Children. When: Sunday 3rd Nov 2013. Where: Herts FA County Ground, Baldock Road, Letchworth Garden City Time: Doors open from 5.30pm for a 7pm start. Prices: £4 for adults. Under 16s £3. Tickets can be purchases from David's Music Shop, Eastcheap, Letchworth GC.
- Pirton Fireworks and Bonfire Night. Fireoworks spectacular and a traditional bonfire. Live music all night, mulled wine, BBQ, bar, face painting, popcorn, toffee apples, hot drinks and snacks. When: Saturday 2nd Nov 2013. Where: Pirton Recreation Ground Time: Gates open 6pm, bonfire lit 6:30, fireworks 7:30. Prices: £5 for adults. Under 16s £3, pre-school kids gain free entry. Parking: Car parking for disabled badge holders only, but parking is available in the village itself. No personal fireworks please (including sparklers).
- St Albans Firework Display at Verulamium Park. Fireworks extravaganza! When: Saturday 2nd Nov 2013 Where: Verulamium Park, St Albans Time: Gates to the park open at 6pm and the display will start around 7.30pm Prices: Tickets are £5 and available in advance from the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or via www.alban-arena.co.uk, online booking fee applies.
- Stevenage Annual Firework Display. Hot food and drinks available for purchase. When: Tuesday 5th Nov 2013 Where: Fairlands Park, Stevenage Time: From 7.30pm Prices: Free. Members of the public are advised not to take fireworks or sparklers for safety reasons. Parking: Free parking opposite Stevenage FC's ground on Broadhall Way. Disabled access: Yes
- Ware Fireworks Display, now in it's 42nd year! Fireworks spectacular organised by three Rotary Clubs. All profits from the event will go to local charities supported by the three Rotary Clubs. When: Saturday 2nd Nov 2013 Where: High Oak Road/ Kingsway Time: Gates open at 5.30pm, the bonfire will be lit around 6.30pm and the fireworks display will be from 7.00pm Prices: Entry costs £5 for adults, £3 for children (U14) and £13 for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children).
Do you have a Fireworks Listing? Send in your listings to email@example.com