Autumn brings a rich golden hue to the countryside, it signals the start of lazy nights by the fire and offers a whole season of fun.
As October draws to a close, school children and teachers will be embarking on a well-earned week off, giving them time to explore the seasonal delights of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. Whether it is indoor play away from the autumn chill or enjoying the various firework displays.
With Hallowe'en falling in the middle of this year's half-term break, children will be able to delve feet first into the age-old tradition of fancy dress and gruesome fun.
As the week draws to close, bonfire night celebrations will get underway with a bang. Across the region there will be firework displays of varying scales, allowing families to be captivated by explosions of colour against the dark, autumn skies in a safe, controlled environment.
To tell us about a Hallowe'en or bonfire night celebration, email Catherine Gill.
Do you have some Autumnal photos? Maybe of a Robin in a tree or of a beautiful sunset? If so send them into www.iwitness24.co.uk
Guy Fawkes Events
- Annual Brookmans Park Rotary and Little Heath School fireworks. Organised by Little Heath School PTA in conjunction with the Rotary Club. When: Saturday 3rd Nov 2012. Where: School Road. Time: Gates open at 6pm, with the bonfire lighting at 6.45pm and the fireworks at 7.30pm. Prices: Adult ticket prices in advance are £6 and children £3. The price on the gate is £6 for adults and £3 for children. Under 5s getting in for free
- Cheshunt's annual firework display. Traditional fun for all the family before a stunning 'Best of British' themed firework display choreographed to music. As well as a giant bonfire, there will also be a funfair and food stalls. For safety reasons, no sparklers, fireworks or alcohol may be brought into the park. When: Sunday 4th Nov 2012. Where: Cheshunt Park in Park Lane, Cheshunt Time: Gates open at 4.30pm Prices: Advanced booking single tickets are £4.10 and groups of four £14.40. It's free for under twos. On the night, single tickets cost £6 and it's £20 for a group of four. Parking: Free car parking is available at the Brookfield Centre from 4pm. Telephone: 01992 441946
- Butterfly World Fireworks Display. When: Sunday 4th Nov 2012. Where: Butterfly World, Miriam Lane, Chiswell Green near St Albans. Time: Gates open at 5pm. Fireworks from 6.30pm. Prices: £5 Telephone: 01727 869203
- Hatfield House Annual Firework Display. Entertainment will be provided by Knebworth-based Jack FM in the build-up to the fireworks. There will also be a funfair and catering units offering hot food and drinks. When: Saturday 3rd Nov 2012. Where: Queen Elizabeth Oak Field Time: Gates open at 5pm. Fireworks from 6.30pm. Prices: £6 for adults, £3 for childen. Tickets will be available on the night but it is cash only. Parking: Free parking available within the Hatfield House estate. Telephone: 01727 357117
- Harpenden Rugby Club Fireworks extravaganza. When: Sunday 4th Nov 2012 Where: Redbourn Lane, Harpenden Time: Gates open at 3pm. Fireworks at 6pm
- Crabtree Fireworks Spectacular. Fireworks spectacular. Refreshments available. No private fireworks or sparklers. When: Saturday 10th Nov 2012. Where: Crabtree School Playing Fields, Crabtree Lane Time: Gates open at 5.30pm. Display starts 6.30pmPrices: Advanced tickets: Single - £6, Family ticket - £20 (admits up to 4). £7 at the gate. Free admission for children aged 5 and under.
- Firework frenzy at The Sele School. Fireworks and Army Cadets display. Hot food and drinks will be on sale on the night, but no alcohol, sparklers or other fireworks are allowed on site. When: Saturday 3rd Nov 2012. Where: The Sele School, Welwyn Road. Time: Gates open at 5.30pm, bonfire lit at 6.15pm, fireworks from 7pm. Prices: Tickets cost £4 for adults, £2 for children, and £10 for a family (2+2).
- Blueharts Hockey Club Fireworks Display. Celebrating 50th Anniversary of our Firework's display. As well as the fireworks and bonfire, there will also be refreshments available, an outside bar and barbecue. When: Monday 5th Nov 2012. Where: Lucas Lane, Hitchin Time: Gates open at 6.45pm with the fireworks set off to music from 8pm. Prices:£7 for adults and £5 for children under 14, with a family ticket for two adults and two children costing £20. Telephone: 01462 434468
- Family Firework Night at Strathmore Infant & Nursery School. The event is held at the school every year and is the biggest money maker for the PTA, last year £5k was raised from it alone. There is a bonfire, bar, disco, hot food and fireworks. When: Saturday 10th Nov 2012. Where: Strathmore Infant & Nursery School, Hitchin Time: Gates open at 5.30pm Prices: Advanced tickets: £5 for adults and £2.50 for children. Tickets on the door: £8 for adults and £4 for children. There are limited numbers so buying in advance from the school is recommended. Parking: Strictly no parking in the school grounds. Note: Dogs and sparklers are not allowed.
Letchworth Garden City
- Letchworth Garden City & Baldock Lions Club Fireworks Display. Celebrating the 28th anniversary of the annual fireworks display. Money raised from the event, which includes hot food and a bar, will go to the Garden House Hospice and KEECH Hospice Care for Children. When: Sunday 4th Nov 2012. Where: Herts FA County Ground, Baldock Road, Letchworth Garden City Time: Doors open from 5.30pm for a 7pm start. Prices:£3.50 for adults in advance, £5 on the night. Under 16s £2 in advance or £2.50 on the night. Tickets can be purchases from David's Music Shop, Eastcheap, Letchworth GC.
- St Albans Firework Display at Verulamium Park. Organised by the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Albans, the St Albans spectacular will take place on Guy Fawkes' Day in aid of RNLI and local charities. When: Saturday 3rd Nov 2012 Where: Verulamium Park, St Albans Time: Gates to the park open at 6pm and the display will start around 7.30pm Prices:Tickets are available in advance from the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or via www.alban-arena.co.uk, online booking fee applies.
- Stevenage Annual Firework Display. Hot food and drinks available for purchase. When: Monday 5th Nov 2012 Where: Fairlands Park, Stevenage Time: From 7.30pm Prices: Free. Members of the public are advised not to take fireworks or sparklers for safety reasons. Parking: Free parking opposite Stevenage FC's ground on Broadhall Way. Disabled access: Yes
- Ware Fireworks Display, now in it's 41st year! Fireworks spectacular organised by three Rotary Clubs. All profits from the event will go to local charities supported by the three Rotary Clubs, including Herts Air Ambulance.When: Saturday 10th Nov 2012 Where: High Oak Road/ Kingsway Time: Gates open at 5.30pm, the bonfire will be lit around 6.30pm and the fireworks display will be from 7.00pm Prices: Entry costs £5 for adults, £3 for children (U14) and £13 for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children).
Do you have a Fireworks Listing? Send in your listings to email@example.com