Next steps announcement delayed for Welwyn Garden City plans

PUBLISHED: 17:23 13 September 2018 | UPDATED: 17:31 13 September 2018

A visual mock-up of what Stonehills could look like after the changes.

A visual mock-up of what Stonehills could look like after the changes.

Archant

Welwyn Garden City businesses may have to wait until early October to find out which parts of the town centre regeneration plans will be taken forward.

The trial in June, which saw part of Stonehills pedestrianised and the taxi rank relocated, caused several businesses to petition against the plans.

The county council previously said the next steps would be outlined towards the end of August, but a spokeswoman has today (Thursday, September 13) revealed that may not happen until next month.

She said: “Meetings with stakeholders are taking place over the next couple of weeks to discuss outcomes of the consultation and next steps.

“Further information will be available in late September/early October.”

Borough council leader Mandy Perkins previously told the WHT she was confident that most of the issues had been resolved, but remained tight-lipped over the specifics.

Among several changes being considered are a 20mph speed limit, part pedestrianisation of Stonehills, crossing stitches and a new one-way system.

More news stories

Yesterday, 17:55

A Welwyn Garden City gym-goers are back up and literally running after vandalism in their building caused a massive flood.

Yesterday, 17:19

Crowds gathered in Welwyn at a beautifully decorated church to pay their respects on Remembrance Day.

Yesterday, 17:16

The fire service had to put out a large bonfire that got out of control in Welwyn Garden City yesterday.

Yesterday, 13:20

Do you recognise the men pictured in these CCTV images?

Newsletter Sign Up

Welwyn Hatfield Times weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards