Laundry basket fire in Potters Bar

PUBLISHED: 09:11 21 April 2017 | UPDATED: 09:11 21 April 2017

A bathroom

A bathroom

Archant

A bathroom laundry basket accidentally caught fire in Potters Bar last night (April 20).

At about 10.25pm, firefighters from Borehamwood and Potters Bar rushed to Laurel Fields to extinguish the blaze - they used a hose reels and two sets of breathing apparatus to help put it out.

After the fire was finished, by 10.40pm, the crews ventilated the house and damped everything down.

More news stories

Yesterday, 12:00

A heart-broken Hatfield mum is demanding answers from a hospital following the death of her baby boy within just two hours of his birth.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

A woman was found dead at a house in Welwyn Garden City last night – and detectives are now investigating, with a man in custody.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

This week’s winner of Pet of the Week is a Hatfield cat who has her owner wrapped around her little paw.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the A414 near Hatfield last night.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Welwyn Hatfield Times e-edition E-edition

Local business directory

Hertfordshire's trusted business finder

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards